importance of time wasted btw graduation and part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zabardast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys had a quick question..
how much of a difference does it make if one has wasted lets say a few years between his graduation and taking the nbde part1 and getting a score above 90?
i am a international graduate and a us citizen and will apply for the advanced standing course.
time wasted was just time wasted..no attachments etc.

Members don't see this ad.

@Zabardast,
Were you asking if it is possible to score a 90 after you have been in practice for so long after graduation. If so YES as long as you have the will you can do it. You just need to familiarize yourself with the exam and start your preparation. There are so many wonderful threads about nbde preparation take a look at them and race ahead. Good luck

thanks possible for the motovation but that wasnt exactly wat i was asking.
let me try and rephrase the question.
i expect to get above a 90 BUT i have wasted about 3 years doing nothing.had some personal stuff that i was taking care of back home.
so my question is that,when i apply to college with a score of above a 90 with 3 years lapsed btw graduation and now, will the 3 years of doing nothing in the dental field count as a drawback for the colleges to consider me?

i know that for a residency for a medical student they consider the time wasted btw applying and graduation alot

As long as you have a good score everything is secondary. They do understand that every person has personal commitments that cant be ignored. You should be prepared with a proper explanation. If you have already got a good score go ahead and apply if not focus well and get it other things will be done automatically.