Important Life Lesson for New Grads and Early Career Doctors...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wealth and power.
Meh.

Give me some warm sunshine and a grouper sandwich, hushpuppies, and a cold beer.

And a race car and real puppies

Members don't see this ad.

I have a farm and started doing it for fun. It is great for the environment and is pretty satisfying. I have about 250 acres which a farmer farms and 250 acres of "fun land". I planted a good sized orchard to provide apples for the deer, about 50 acres of wildflowers, and am planning on planting grape vines for the bats and birds. I get eagles, ospreys, and bobcats from the fish in my pond- they are fun to watch. I have dug some wells and erected vintage windmills over them so I can water the orchard. I have a big ass barn with a woodshop where I make things- next up will be the wooden body for a '46 ford from scratch (I have other woodies that are completed). That project is a little difficult, as you really need to be very handy with a router and shaping wood in three dimensions. Finger joints and routing takes a lot of practice.

When I retire, I am going to make moonshine as well. I personally do not drink, but think the process looks very fun. Gotta be careful with methanol coming off the first componants, so it requres chemical assays of the product. I have seen it done many times, but have not performed the whole process myself. There are really nice copper stills on the internet; you just need a $25 permit for "fuel production", which is okay, as long as you don't sell it.
Which state are you in?

I have a farm and started doing it for fun. It is great for the environment and is pretty satisfying. I have about 250 acres which a farmer farms and 250 acres of "fun land". I planted a good sized orchard to provide apples for the deer, about 50 acres of wildflowers, and am planning on planting grape vines for the bats and birds. I get eagles, ospreys, and bobcats from the fish in my pond- they are fun to watch. I have dug some wells and erected vintage windmills over them so I can water the orchard. I have a big ass barn with a woodshop where I make things- next up will be the wooden body for a '46 ford from scratch (I have other woodies that are completed). That project is a little difficult, as you really need to be very handy with a router and shaping wood in three dimensions. Finger joints and routing takes a lot of practice.

When I retire, I am going to make moonshine as well. I personally do not drink, but think the process looks very fun. Gotta be careful with methanol coming off the first componants, so it requres chemical assays of the product. I have seen it done many times, but have not performed the whole process myself. There are really nice copper stills on the internet; you just need a $25 permit for "fuel production", which is okay, as long as you don't sell it.
I love this and admire this. I need my life to be more this than what it is now. Kudos to you