Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

important, osteopathic applicantion.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MTY, Jun 26, 2000.

1. MTY

MTY

is it true that personal statement of the osteopathic applicant only allows 350 words??

2. David511

David511 Ponch's Illegitimate Son
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    ...If that...

But yeah, that's what they tell you. In fact, when I submitted my app via the web it only allowed me 325. It seemed like most of the sections tended to short you words...for the employment history and volunteer experience sections it was supposed to allow 100 words but wouldn't let me write more than 75!! I guess for AACOMAS "approximately" means 25 less.

Good luck on your apps.

-d

3. ntxawmx

ntxawmx Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Any ideas about how one gets all the comments from the AMCAS application down to 350 or so words to fit the AACOMAS application?

4. David511

David511 Ponch's Illegitimate Son
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

You will need:
    1) Bunsen burner
    2) Large saucepan
    3) AMCAS Essay
    4) Assorted spices and seasonings
    5) Greased forceps

Directions:
    Take out Bunsen burner, turn on "high" setting. Take meaty AMCAS Essay in place in saucepan. Bring to boil. Continue to cook until Essay is condensed and dry. Reduce heat. Add seasonings such as "why I want to be a DO" SPARINGLY. Avoid fattening essay with such items. Remove Essay from saucepan, use greased forceps to squeeze Essay into AACOMAS application.

Serves 1-18.

-d

5. lopott

lopott Junior Member

The essay portion is really short. I had a killer essay all written out thinking that it could be 900 words long. I had to chop and grind my way to shorten it. I left in general information, regarding (courses that pertain to med school, reason for wanting to matriculate to med school, and for me reasons for some subpar grades) that was all that could fit.

What I did do with my long version is include it with all of my secondary applications. Many of them want this anyway (a general statement of why I wanted to become a DO). But even if they did not require the essay I put it in anyway and found that at my interviews, the interviewers had read my "good" essay.

One more tip. I had 2 english teachers/professors check over both of my essays, for grammatical as well as content advice. Good luck, glad I am done with it!!