Imposter Syndrome AFTER getting IIs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoungMoneyMint

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this is something every medical student feels but it goes away. i finished an entire surgical residency and i still feel this way!

Reactions: 2 users
I am always amazed Where the neuroses Of premeds becomes pessimistic where it should be positive and becomes overly optimistic we should be negative. The OP Is in disbelief because his atypical unique background shouldn’t have made him a good candidate. You deserve to be slapped: it is likely your unique atypical background is what got an evaluator interested and because you are different than everybody in that respect you stand out. Medical schools are not looking for the same thing from everybody. Unique experiences and more importantly unique reflections and retrospection on those experiences is what matters the most in a good coherent concise and compelling narrative that is your application. So please get your head out of what ever Bodily orifice it is stuck in And realize your own worth and value and add it to your self-esteem. Move on
I'm going to be blunt, BigBoi. Time to put your Big Boy pants on and realize that med schools do not give sympathy ****s. They believe that you're a catch.

Now snap out of it and read these:
You're right. I'm getting my head out of my a** and preparing my butt off to get those As. No cards being left on the table. Thank you both for your encouragement.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user