Impressions of George Washington???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TwoSteveSquared

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think of GW.

Members don't see this ad.

I think he was a great president.

I prefer Benjamins.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think he meant gw the school, right?

ok whatever, I don't know if his serious and the replies are joking, or he was joking, and the replies are serious....whatever :rolleyes:

Well... I interviewed there in October. I thought the students were cool. They have a great patient population... with the White House four blocks and also the indigent patients of DC. DC is definitely a great city to live in. I got accepted there... and would be very happy going there if I dont hear anymore good news from schools that I like. The medical school is located RIGHT above a subway stop.... so you can live anywhere you want and have good access without a car. Also.... I think it is a very respected school across the nation and especially on the East Coast. US News & World Report does not do it justice because I have heard from people in academic medicine that it is much more distinguished school that MANY of the US NEWS top 50 schools.

Some negatives: I dont like the fact that it doesnt really have a campus....it is a bunch of buildings with major city cross-streets going through it. Of course no medical school has a campus... but I like the whole campus "bubble" that Michigan, UCLA, Chapel Hill, Georgetown, and other schools have....basically... I want that isolated educational feeling. That is just my opinion. What else... going along those lines.... I didnt like the fact that there is no college-town atmosphere. I want that too. As you can see.... a school like Univ of Michigan is more suited for me.... and I am eagerly waiting their decision.

That's about all I can think of.... I will check this thread to see if you have more questions.

I personally dont think to highly of the man. Speaking as a dentist though, he would have been a dream patient.

Personally, the William Henry Harrison School of Medicine is my top choice. It has a killer pneumonia department.

I wasn't terribly impressed at GW... I actually left the tour early because I thought that I'd seen enough. It seemed like there was a lot of bad blood between them and Georgetown, and the whole interview day seemed pretty chaotic to me. I ended getting in, but think that my other schools that I've gotten into are a better fit.

Just a thought,
chunk-ee