Impressions of quiting scribe job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueCircle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it look bad to adcoms if one were to quit an ER scribe job three months in? This job no longer compatible with my scheduling (shift hours) and financial needs (low pay), and moving forward with the position would put me in a tight position. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Would it look bad to adcoms if one were to quit an ER scribe job three months in? This job no longer compatible with my scheduling (shift hours) and financial needs (low pay), and moving forward with the position would put me in a tight position. Thoughts?

Definitely quit. Half the people I know who became scribes quit because of the mediocre work environment, low pay, inconvenient scheduling.

Reactions: 1 user
Quit. If it's not worth it, don't do it, end of story.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewer asked if I was still scribing. Told him I quit so I could focus on other things. Results: Accepted.

Only reason not to mention it that comes to mind is, will quitting add to any other part of your history? Do you have W's, have you changed your mind on your career options several times, any other reason for the AdComs to think "wow, this individual is very indecisive, do we want to invest in them?"
If this is a one-time type of deal, I doubt it would raise eyebrows, and as a scribe I know of the cons and agree that it may be best to quit. One last thing, make sure your contract is Employment At Will so you know they can't screw you legally.