Impressions on Ohio State/residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Specifically, does anybody know how well OSU students match to CA residencies? I know that OSU has a strong reputation in the Midwest and most students get one of their top 3 choices, but that might be because they only apply to hospitals in Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, etc. What about California?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i'm a med1 here at OSU, and from what i can tell, there's only a small percentage of students that match in cali. it's probably b/c us out-of-staters are more likely to apply to cali vs. our in-state students. the in-state students for the most part match around ohio and the midwest region, where they prefer to stay. here's a link of OSU matches for the past few years:

<a href="http://academic.med.ohio-state.edu/resmatch/" target="_blank">http://academic.med.ohio-state.edu/resmatch/</a>

from the matchlist, you can see that it's definitely possible to match in cali. unfortunately i can't give you the percentage of cali students here at OSU that actually match back to cali for their residency. although i'm sure i can find out if i ask around. hope this helps. good luck

harry

Ohio State always does very well in the California residencies. I think in part because we usually have 25 plus people from California in our class. I have 2-3 good friends "goin' back to Cali" for residency. One of them isn't from California, so even if you aren't from there it is possibly to match there if you want. Salsadoc's post above gives you all of our match stats for the past two years. We generally send people all ove, not just the midwest. All-in-all, Ohio State is a great school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guitarzan, I sent you a PM regarding OSU student life and housing. Please check it.

Guitarzan,
I PM'd you too! :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by quaileggs:
•Guitarzan,
I PM'd you too! :) •••••:D :D

quaileggs, I sent you a PM a couple days ago, also regarding OSU. Please check it. :)

Waiting--I got it and answered it. --quaileggs :)