1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Improve your MCAT CARS Score - Jack Westin

Discussion in 'CARS Strategy Course with Jack Westin (Sponsored)' started by Jack Westin, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2011
    SDN Exhibitor
    Check out this new post on Improving your MCAT CARS Score. I believe there are three qualities that can drastically improve your MCAT CARS score: persistence, strategy, and confidence.

Improve MCAT CARS Score: Persistence
    To improve, you’ll need to put in the time the MCAT CARS section deserves.

Improve MCAT CARS Score: Strategy
    Students believe practice is the most important tip to improve on the MCAT CARS section.

Improve MCAT CARS Score: Confidence
    Confidence is probably the most important of the three qualities you need to improve your MCAT CARS score.

For the full post click here: Improve your MCAT CARS Score - Jack Westin

Attached Files:

2. NonTrad Prospective

NonTrad Prospective 2+ Year Member

Oct 6, 2014
    What tips would you recommend for nontraditional students who are working full-time and preparing for the new MCAT over the weekends? I have to re-take next May since my CARS score was really low (122) and Psych Socio was also a 124. luckily the other two science sections were above the national average.
    I am a non-native English speaker with an engineering only background. Only took the bare min. essential pre-med courses last year at a community college and Univ. of Central Florida Organic Chem & Biochemistry.

I plan on self-studying through the Kaplan subject books and ExamKrackers complete guide (rental from amazon is only $47). I did take an online Kaplan class to take MCAT this year but the cookie cutter class didn't seem to help me much :( Any tips/advice on how to improve the non-science section scores while studying on my own without expensive prep class investment would definitely help me!

Thank you.