Improvement in MCAT using Kaplan? Diagnostic score vs final score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnmoore

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the kaplan course really improve your score?

Diagnostic Score ?

method of studying?

Final MCAT Score?

Did you take the Kaplan course more than once?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my scores from 9/23 exam. So my diagnostic one from Kaplan was 489. I just got 507 on actual exam. There you go. Improvement of 18 points. Started studying in June, exam was on September 23rd. So in 4 months it is possible to improve 18 points. This is my real experience.

P.S. 128 C/P, 125 CARS, 126 B/B 128 P/S - CARS had me this time, but I'm non native speaker, so I'm ok with this score.

That awesome! My diagnostic was a 488 but I am shooting for a 507. I am already starting to study for my exam on April 1. I'm shooting for about 350 of studying not including any of the practice exams.

Reactions: 1 user
I like your approach - do a solid content review and then start doing FLs each week. Do a mistakes review in between FLs. Closer to exam date accelerate doing 2 FLs per week. Supplement Kaplan with Khan and EK. You have more than enough time to achieve your goal.

Members don't see this ad :)
485 to 509. Studied for 2 and half months. 3-6 hours the first month and half and then 10 hours everyday for the last month. Studied from kaplan course and supplemented with chad videos for physics and chem and khan vid for psychology.

485 to 509. Studied for 2 and half months. 3-6 hours the first month and half and then 10 hours everyday for the last month. Studied from kaplan course and supplemented with chad videos for physics and chem and khan vid for psychology.
Hey, what are the Chad videos? Physics is for sure my weakest point so I'd love another resource to use.