IMRT Text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndyXRT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm trying to find a good text for IMRT, and I was hoping to get your opinions. So far, I've seen a text by Mundt, one by Chao, and one by "Members of the staff of MSKCC." Has anyone used one or more of these? If so, did you find it helpful? Are there other texts that I should be considering? Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

IndyXRT said:
Hello all. I'm trying to find a good text for IMRT, and I was hoping to get your opinions. So far, I've seen a text by Mundt, one by Chao, and one by "Members of the staff of MSKCC." Has anyone used one or more of these? If so, did you find it helpful? Are there other texts that I should be considering? Thanks for your input!

i have the chao text, which i think is pretty good. i havent seen the others to make a comparison. the chao text has great pictures of ct's for planning purposes and isnt too dense. right now the chao text is $140 on amazon, while the mundt text is $89 (on sale...not sure why). there arent any user reviews on that site though. these two texts came out in 2005, while the MSKCC text was in 2003.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the Mundt book, and it is pretty good as far as an overview; however, the wierd thing is that there are no color pictures in the book. The entire book is included as a CD full of PDF files, which have all the content and color pics...so if you can score a copy of the PDFs or CD they are better than the book.

As for Chao, it is the more usable of the 2 books. I thought it was better than the Mundt text for contours, but I'd still prefer Gregoire for target delineation.

cdf95cro said:
Got the Mundt book, and it is pretty good as far as an overview; however, the wierd thing is that there are no color pictures in the book. The entire book is included as a CD full of PDF files, which have all the content and color pics...so if you can score a copy of the PDFs or CD they are better than the book.

As for Chao, it is the more usable of the 2 books. I though it was than the Mundt text for contours, but I'd still prefer Gregoire for target delineation.

for comparison, chao has a ton of color pics...