In at Jefferson ... should I cancel NYMC interview?

NYPreMed

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
I received an acceptance from Jefferson, and I really liked the school. But I have a NYMC interview later this week, and I am not sure about going. I don't think I would go to NYMC over Jeff, but I live in NY, so it is close to the city. Can you let me know your thoughts on NYMC?

Thanks!

Dr Turninkoff

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2004
Status
NYPreMed said:
I received an acceptance from Jefferson, and I really liked the school. But I have a NYMC interview later this week, and I am not sure about going. I don't think I would go to NYMC over Jeff, but I live in NY, so it is close to the city. Can you let me know your thoughts on NYMC?

Thanks!

I interviewed at both as well, and I don't think that there is much room for comparison. I found Jefferson to be outstanding. If I had been in at Jefferson at the time, I probably would not have gone to my NYMC interview. Nonetheless, I thought NYMC was nice and would be a fine place to go if you want a suburban environment. However, you won't be in the thick of it like you would be at Jefferson. Also, in terms of proximity to the city, NYMC is 45 mins, Jefferson is 2 hours. When I went to NYMC, the students told me they really didn't have time to go to the city that much, and valhalla is pretty damn boring. Plus the girls are hotter at Jefferson. Now I have to make the tough choice of Jefferson vs. my cheap state school.

ornis4

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Dr Turninkoff said:
I interviewed at both as well, and I don't think that there is much room for comparison. I found Jefferson to be outstanding. If I had been in at Jefferson at the time, I probably would not have gone to my NYMC interview. Nonetheless, I thought NYMC was nice and would be a fine place to go if you want a suburban environment. However, you won't be in the thick of it like you would be at Jefferson. Also, in terms of proximity to the city, NYMC is 45 mins, Jefferson is 2 hours. When I went to NYMC, the students told me they really didn't have time to go to the city that much, and valhalla is pretty damn boring. Plus the girls are hotter at Jefferson. Now I have to make the tough choice of Jefferson vs. my cheap state school.

I agree with this, I think Jefferson is the better school...but remember, you spend your first two years at NYMC in Valhalla, then most likely spend most of your third and fourth in Manhattan.

Dr Turninkoff

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2004
Status
ornis4 said:
I agree with this, I think Jefferson is the better school...but remember, you spend your first two years at NYMC in Valhalla, then most likely spend most of your third and fourth in Manhattan.
yes, and it's important to note that NYMC is selling their Manhattan housing so you will have to pay out of pocket to a landlord for your undoubtedly astronomically priced apartment.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Jefferson is great. I would cancel NYMC for Jefferson.