Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

In California where are the pass/fail MedSchools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NPreMed, May 7, 2001.

1. NPreMed

NPreMed Junior Member

Hi, I know it sounds shallow but I have a history of transferring schools and I want to avoid that this time-when I get into med school. :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. coop

coop Senior Member

UCLA's P/F, UCSF is H/P/F, UCSD I think has grades, check out the MSAR for the details of each schools grading system, or check out the schools websites.

4. chi-chi

chi-chi Member

UCSF, UC Davis, and USC are all going pass/fail next year. Stanford is also pass/fail (even during the clinical years which I hear is very rare).

On a side note, I hear that it can be hard to transfer from one med school to another. Some schools don't allow transfers at all and others only allow it if you are married to a member of the staff or a student at the school you want to transfer to.

5. NPreMed

NPreMed Junior Member

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it. I don't want to be faced with a harsh grading system. Ofcourse if I only get accepted to a graded system and all the pass/fails turn me down well then I wont have a choice. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: