In case anyone else is in a similar situation -- worth it to submit DO primary this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

this is_a foreground

Reaction score
I currently have 2 MD IIs, LM 70, ORM. It's no guarantee I'll make it out with acceptances, so I'm considering submitting that DO primary. However, don't want to spend unnecessary money and time doing so if it's already too late in the cycle, etc. Appreciate if anyone could weigh in! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have 2 MD IIs, LM 70, ORM. It's no guarantee I'll make it out with acceptances, so I'm considering submitting that DO primary. However, don't want to spend unnecessary money and time doing so if it's already too late in the cycle, etc. Appreciate if anyone could weigh in! Thanks!
So we can better advise you, what are your stats and state of residence? PM me if needed.

Offhand, LM = 70 is pretty much median for MD and as such, I'd have a few DO schools on the list.

The DO cycle is longer, so it's not too late. Send an app to my school (somewhere west of the Missouri River)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you need a letter from a DO to be considered? If so, make sure you've got that.

Reactions: 1 user
So we can better advise you, what are your stats and state of residence? PM me if needed.

Offhand, LM = 70 is pretty much median for MD and as such, I'd have a few DO schools on the list.

The DO cycle is longer, so it's not too late. Send an app to my school (somewhere west of the Missouri River)

@Goro I'm not sure if I can get a DO letter in time...will this hinder me badly at DO schools? How many of them actually require a DO letter?