in dire need of studying help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InshAllah786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was originally scheduled to take me MCAT on Aug. 21 right after taking a TPR course. I experienced 3 close deaths in my family in the past few months and I have had absolutely minimum time to study. I pushed my date to the last MCAT, Sep. 14.. Now I have exactly 2 months before the biggest test of my life. As for TPR course, the first month only covered bio, ochem, and verbal. This next month will be exclusively Physics and Gen Chem. I also have all of the EK books and TPR hyperlearning books as well.
With this being said,how should my study schedule be shaped?
Please Help, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I was originally scheduled to take me MCAT on Aug. 21 right after taking a TPR course. I experienced 3 close deaths in my family in the past few months and I have had absolutely minimum time to study. I pushed my date to the last MCAT, Sep. 14.. Now I have exactly 2 months before the biggest test of my life. As for TPR course, the first month only covered bio, ochem, and verbal. This next month will be exclusively Physics and Gen Chem. I also have all of the EK books and TPR hyperlearning books as well.
Please Help, thank you.

First off, I'm so, so sorry for your losses. Tho you asked about the mcat, hopefully I'm not crossing the line by suggesting that you do what is first necessary to take care of yourself for now. Tho I haven't experienced what you have, I have dealt w/ similar issues on the long path to med school. What has helped me has been to remember that my first priority must be to take care of myself, second is family, and med school is third. My experience is that if I do what I must for my own happiness, my other goals/priorities fall into place.

You are dealing w/ a lot of pain right now, and I encourage you to devote some energy to thinking about what you need right now. Dealing w/ grief and healing is an emotionally draining process. Unfortunately, so is the mcat. Many ppl have posted about the benefits of not rushing to take the mcat, and I whole-heartedly agree. It's awesome that applying to med school is flexible in that you can wait a year or two.

If you determine that the sept 14 mcat is still in your best interests, the 30+ mcat study tips. Thread (it's a "sticky" at the top of this mcat forum) has a lot of wonderful suggestions. It would probably be wise to spend the next month doing content review/notes/practice questions, and then the next month before your test devoted to full length practice tests.

Again, I'm very sorry for your losses. That's a lot for anyone to deal w/.

First off, I'm so, so sorry for your losses. Tho you asked about the mcat, hopefully I'm not crossing the line by suggesting that you do what is first necessary to take care of yourself for now. Tho I haven't experienced what you have, I have dealt w/ similar issues on the long path to med school. What has helped me has been to remember that my first priority must be to take care of myself, second is family, and med school is third. My experience is that if I do what I must for my own happiness, my other goals/priorities fall into place.

You are dealing w/ a lot of pain right now, and I encourage you to devote some energy to thinking about what you need right now. Dealing w/ grief and healing is an emotionally draining process. Unfortunately, so is the mcat. Many ppl have posted about the benefits of not rushing to take the mcat, and I whole-heartedly agree. It's awesome that applying to med school is flexible in that you can wait a year or two.

If you determine that the sept 14 mcat is still in your best interests, the 30+ mcat study tips. Thread (it's a "sticky" at the top of this mcat forum) has a lot of wonderful suggestions. It would probably be wise to spend the next month doing content review/notes/practice questions, and then the next month before your test devoted to full length practice tests.

Again, I'm very sorry for your losses. That's a lot for anyone to deal w/.

I an only echo this response! You've undergone a particularly difficult time. I know that you want to do whatever you can to keep moving forward, but don't feel that you must take the MCAT now...medical school will not be going anywhere...Take the time you need to grieve, you'll be the better for it.

Please Help, thank you.

Don't worry too much about the MCAT while you are going through this. Everything will work itself out for the best inshallah. With that said, if you think that you can handle studying right now then be prepared to go full force and put everything you have into it. There is enough time for you, plenty even since you have already covered everything except PS.

Ultimately the decision is up to you if you are ready for it emotionally and preparation wise. If you think you can do it and want to, then you don't need anyone else's opinion because you have enough time with where you are at right now.

Hope this helped,

-LIS