in Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrGarfield

Fat Cat of the house
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came here to ´Germany- initially it was all appealing- as every new place you go is- and now after more than a month--------- oh god- how i am getting bored!!

The Gemans can´t speak English very well- and I have to talk to them like their English- so by the time i get to leave this place- my English is gonna get sooooooooooooo corrupt!

Next- you meet hundreds of people out there on the streets- but you never get to meet a single smiling face in that crowd!! They all look like they are either Zombies or lost in their own world!!!!

I heard that European girls don´t much mind getting naked- and I have seen that here in the German Saunas- you can see Mixed saunas for men and women where all the ladies are Nude in their full glory and they don´t anytimes care to hide their nipples or even to cross their legs- they sit or lie there with their legs wide apart- but to see 12 such pieces- and that too German is No Beautiful sight! You start to get Aversed to Nudity in there!!

and the German gals have to show you their ASSETS to assure that they Are Girls actually- because they are so big and Shapeless otherwise- you can´t fit them in your imagination of the Pretty Woman anyways!

And finally the Food- a hundred types of smoked meat- that tastes all the same- is to be eaten with boiled potatoes all the time- I can´t stand that for a week- and these Fritz eat the same thing all their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Achtung Baby- It´s Deautschland!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I cooked some Indian dishes- Tandoori chicken, Fish Curry and Lamb Biryani for the family and friends of the Professor here- they could not eat it without a lot of water and beer to go with it- but finally they said-`Wow! so that is what you eat in India- Now we understand how badly you suffer the German Food!´

how much longer do you have to stay there?

Members don't see this ad :)
1hotaartichoke said:
how much longer do you have to stay there?

i am coming back to india in middle of the May! Thank God!!!1 :p

why did you go?

1hotaartichoke said:
why did you go?
I am doing a fellowship in Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement surgeries here- I am here since February- then in was the peak of winter here and it was snow all around- and temperaturea around minus 8 degrees!!!!!
now it is better- Spring on the corner and temp about plus 15! so many flowers around!

DrGarfield said:
I am doing a fellowship in Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement surgeries here- I am here since February- then in was the peak of winter here and it was snow all around- and temperaturea around minus 8 degrees!!!!!
now it is better- Spring on the corner and temp about plus 15! so many flowers around!
im super interested in ortho! cool! :thumbup:

you want to Do Ortho? well- I think you are a Gal- and i would not recommend it to you! I mean- the girls that do Ortho are a different species!!!

hey i do want to do ortho, and i will do it, regardless of if im a girl! im tough, and i can hang with the boys ;)

what the stereotype of ortho girls...cuz im about to change all that! :D

well, i am an ortho- guy! take my word- this branch is not for the Womenly Women! If yuo are a little Tomboyish- Wellcome to the hell!
the reasons are- the work is hard- consuming- demanding- and very very physical! if you cant pull on without moving or complaining of pains- you better forget!
There are things within Orthopaedics for females though- like Hand surgery! delicate enough!
I was once on board a flight from Singapore to Bombay- and the lady sitting next to me was a 40- something from Hong Kong- and Í got to knw that she is an Ortho- and then i found out that she is also a Professional Power Lifting sports person!! So this is the type of Females that can be here. If women can be in the Army- fighting with their shirts open and shooting people down- why not in Ortho? but the TYPE of women is DEFINED!!!!

well. i can be tomboyish, but im definitley somewhat girly too. i think i can do ortho and keep my girly ways. im not a big complainer, and i don't mind physical work. and although im no power weight lifter, i think i can handle all that a career in ortho surg calls for! :D

1hotaartichoke said:
well. i can be tomboyish, but im definitley somewhat girly too. i think i can do ortho and keep my girly ways. im not a big complainer, and i don't mind physical work. and although im no power weight lifter, i think i can handle all that a career in ortho surg calls for! :D

Well, if you are determined ENOUGH- That´s all it takes! All the very Best! Welcome to the world of Bone Crackers! :thumbup: :D

DrGarfield said:
Well, if you are determined ENOUGH- That´s all it takes! All the very Best! Welcome to the world of Bone Crackers! :thumbup: :D

Thanks for the support (finally) :rolleyes: :D

any secrets i should know now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, which part of the world are you living in? I just know about the Ortho in India- Gujarat- esp.
For us, the rules were-
1- Senior is Always Right!
2- When the Senior goes Wrong; Refer to rule no. 1
3- Eat a live frog in the morning- and nothing worse will happen to you all the day!

Some Real Tips!

-Always keep some Parle G or Cream biscuits somewhere in your pockets- they are a great support when you dont find time to sneak out for meals.
-Never go alone in any part of hospital for any work, take someone who can help- in our case that someone used to be a helpful relative of some patient. This is because you might have to run around for some trivial things- and these people come in handy at that time.
-whenever you get time to sit, keep your feet on the table- this helps to relieve them of all the swelling due to running around in the day.
-Do not wear socks in the shoes- wrap crepe bandage till calves instead- this also helps to prevent the dark discoloration of feet and ankles due to stasis of blood in these parts!
-keep a mouthwash and deo handy- you may not be Thouroughly Hygienic all the time!

Remember these for the time- more in next episode!!!!!! :eek:

thanks for the tips.

im in the US...and i haven;t even started med school yet, but i will remember those in 5 yrs when i have started my ortho surg residency! thanks again :D

1hotaartichoke said:
thanks for the tips.

im in the US...and i haven;t even started med school yet, but i will remember those in 5 yrs when i have started my ortho surg residency! thanks again :D

Well, I don´t knw for sure, but the things may be easier in USA- as almost every other thing is, as compared to India! Are you a Gujarati? If you need some advises- I have got a lot of friends in USA doing PG in medicine!

no, im hindu punjabi. yeah, and i agree that things must be easier in the US than india (lucky for me :p)

- you need a girlfriend
- sounds like you have to eat too much of that hospital cafeteria food
- you hit the snowiest and coldest winter in europe in years
- don't go looking for beauty in the sauna of the public pool
- don't generalize from the dull macho atmosphere in a gujarati or german ortho department to the situation in the US. (We make jokes about them all the time, but in fact they have a pick of the smartest residency candidates around.)

DrGarfield said:
Well, which part of the world are you living in? I just know about the Ortho in India- Gujarat- esp.
For us, the rules were-
1- Senior is Always Right!
2- When the Senior goes Wrong; Refer to rule no. 1
3- Eat a live frog in the morning- and nothing worse will happen to you all the day!

Some Real Tips!

-Always keep some Parle G or Cream biscuits somewhere in your pockets- they are a great support when you dont find time to sneak out for meals.
-Never go alone in any part of hospital for any work, take someone who can help- in our case that someone used to be a helpful relative of some patient. This is because you might have to run around for some trivial things- and these people come in handy at that time.
-whenever you get time to sit, keep your feet on the table- this helps to relieve them of all the swelling due to running around in the day.
-Do not wear socks in the shoes- wrap crepe bandage till calves instead- this also helps to prevent the dark discoloration of feet and ankles due to stasis of blood in these parts!
-keep a mouthwash and deo handy- you may not be Thouroughly Hygienic all the time!

Remember these for the time- more in next episode!!!!!! :eek:
Dhanayawaad...waiting for the next episode.....

DrGarfield said:
I came here to ´Germany- initially it was all appealing- as every new place you go is- and now after more than a month--------- oh god- how i am getting bored!!

The Gemans can´t speak English very well- and I have to talk to them like their English- so by the time i get to leave this place- my English is gonna get sooooooooooooo corrupt!

Next- you meet hundreds of people out there on the streets- but you never get to meet a single smiling face in that crowd!! They all look like they are either Zombies or lost in their own world!!!!

I heard that European girls don´t much mind getting naked- and I have seen that here in the German Saunas- you can see Mixed saunas for men and women where all the ladies are Nude in their full glory and they don´t anytimes care to hide their nipples or even to cross their legs- they sit or lie there with their legs wide apart- but to see 12 such pieces- and that too German is No Beautiful sight! You start to get Aversed to Nudity in there!!

and the German gals have to show you their ASSETS to assure that they Are Girls actually- because they are so big and Shapeless otherwise- you can´t fit them in your imagination of the Pretty Woman anyways!

And finally the Food- a hundred types of smoked meat- that tastes all the same- is to be eaten with boiled potatoes all the time- I can´t stand that for a week- and these Fritz eat the same thing all their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it so???I did not know.My Uncle is German.....my aunt never told me about all this....I am wondering about my cousins :confused: ...afterall they are German and Indian Hybrids....Lemme call them ............I am too scandalised....

Yeah Germany's like that

But then Germany has been investing heavily in India for the past ten years and wants to invest in infrastructure, biotechnology.

My point is look at the bright side - Germans are very hardworking and constructive.

Premedtomed said:
Yeah Germany's like that

But then Germany has been investing heavily in India for the past ten years and wants to invest in infrastructure, biotechnology.

My point is look at the bright side - Germans are very hardworking and constructive.
Exactly..thats what I always thought about my uncle and my cousins....very hardworking and sincere.....may be bit too much into homeopathy.... :)

f_w said:
- you need a girlfriend
- sounds like you have to eat too much of that hospital cafeteria food
- you hit the snowiest and coldest winter in europe in years
- don't go looking for beauty in the sauna of the public pool
- don't generalize from the dull macho atmosphere in a gujarati or german ortho department to the situation in the US. (We make jokes about them all the time, but in fact they have a pick of the smartest residency candidates around.)

Ya- I badly need a girl friend! Thanks for understanding my situation- but the pity is that MÍNE is back there in India waiting for me- and I don´t wanna make TIMEPASS GF´s here in Germany! I´ll rather wait!

And yes- too much of the hospital cafeteria food!!

I went to saunas of some of the savviest clubs in this part- but when you see a dozen in their b´day suits! it yucks!!

Ya- ortho in US may be better than Gujarat- and definitela better than in Germany!!!

meetlife said:
Is it so???I did not know.My Uncle is German.....my aunt never told me about all this....I am wondering about my cousins :confused: ...afterall they are German and Indian Hybrids....Lemme call them ............I am too scandalised....

SO did you find out anything Useful about Germany from your uncle? Or atleast did you find out the Validity of my observations-????

DrGarfield said:

haa haa...welcome to EUROPE !!!! :p :oops: :p

DrGarfield said:
Ya- I badly need a girl friend! Thanks for understanding my situation- but the pity is that MÍNE is back there in India waiting for me- and I don´t wanna make TIMEPASS GF´s here in Germany! I´ll rather wait!
WoW...Do guys like that exist??? :cool:

hey- i can´t embed pictures in here- i can only attach small thumbnails- but i see people embedding large pictures in the indian pictures thread! how do you do that? i need some education!!

^Nimeshshingala is the pic and animation guru here...he can help you with that

hopeful05 said:
^Nimeshshingala is the pic and animation guru here...he can help you with that

Crossed%20Clubs%20Thank%20You.png

DrGarfield said:
hey- i can´t embed pictures in here- i can only attach small thumbnails- but i see people embedding large pictures in the indian pictures thread! how do you do that? i need some education!!

I can help you with that DR
index.jpg

nimeshshingala said:

well, you will be appreciated many times more if you TEA`CH me! :confused:

You will have to come to Canada to take a special course :laugh: :laugh:
It is much harder than Fixing Bones,You will have to pass some tests before I can make you my student :laugh: :laugh:
I also expect some "GURU DAKSHINA"
you will have to treat me with "undhiyu", "khaman dhokla", jalebi and other gujrati delicacies

"SU BARABAR NE, DOCTOR SAAB"
mANE BHI GUJRATI BOLTA AVDE CHE, AHmedabad MA BADHA NE YAADI AAPJO

detail
nimeshshingala said:
You will have to come to Canada to take a special course :laugh: :laugh:
It is much harder than Fixing Bones,You will have to pass some tests before I can make you my student :laugh: :laugh:
I also expect some "GURU DAKSHINA"

DrGarfield said:

I don´t mind! i am a good cook- you send over an invite for Visa and i will be there!!
I try to embed image and this is how i come up!! showing the link- but not the image in the message

DrGarfield said:
YOU FAILED THIS TIME
Keep trying
doctorsaab, tamhare mari pase avu padse, barabar training apis
paand apdu undhiyu paku ne???

ok
gotta go
I will teach you some other time
will also give you a nice welcome as I always do to new members
nice meeting you
take care

nimeshshingala said:
ok
gotta go
I will teach you some other time
will also give you a nice welcome as I always do to new members
nice meeting you
take care

OK- Bye for now! with hopes from future- i will keep trying till then!

Golf%20Cat.jpg

I think i can do it! what do You think?
Another of the things I had to learn by myself!!!!

DrGarfield said:
Golf%20Cat.jpg

Bingo....u got it...congrats.....

meetlife said:
Bingo....u got it...congrats.....
ya- I can now do that now!! Someone just lost a chance on Undhiya and Dhokla!!

so how do u do it??????? :idea:

hopeful05 said:
so how do u do it??????? :idea:
SO you wanna learn? Well- What can You cook for me??? ha ha

jus jokin- I´ll tell you!

You gotta find pictures on the net- you can do that with google! and you have to file that address between image codes! vB isnot much complicated for general use!!

DrGarfield said:
Golf%20Cat.jpg

good_job_md_wht2.gif
clapclapclap.gif

Now the weather here gets better- spring is coming- and the snow has all gone away! the temperature these days is about 12 degrees- but that feels Warm to me now!!! ha ha
Next month will be the Libori Festival here- the Spring Welcome festival of this area!

I understood why the car racing games are all called Autobahn!! In german language it means Motor highway!! There is no speed limit on the Autobahn- and the German cars are so good- you can actually find cars going at 200kmph on the autobahn!!

No wonder Michael Schumaker is a German!! I wonder where Narain Kartikeyan does his practise????? :rolleyes:

DrGarfield said:
No wonder Michael Schumaker is a German!! I wonder where Narain Kartikeyan does his practise????? :rolleyes:
Maybe he goes to Germany to do that... :laugh: :p :laugh:

well, for all-
How many Germans you know??

I list the ones I know

Einstein
Einstein.gif

Hitler
Hitler.jpg

Michel schumaker
michael_bigpic1.gif

Steffi Graf
200.jpg

Boris Becker
beckerboris1.jpg

Gerhard Shroder
_304353_schroeder150.jpg

well,personally i just know three germans:
a girl in my class (i cant post her pic without her permission)
a doc and a pastor( dont have their pictures)......ha