in need of advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grhay13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I have a couple of questions that I need clarified if anyone can help me out! First of all, I understand that the application is released around May 15th. However, most schools say that you cannot "submit" your application until June 1st. So when I complete my application on May 15th, can I not press the submit button until June 1st, or do I submit it as soon as possible after May 15th and then AADSAS only sends it to the schools after June 1st? That sounded confusing! I am just wondering about which date to go by, May 15th submission or June 1st? My second question is about the DAT. I am currently scheduled to take it on June 2nd. However, I am considering changing it to a later date so that I have enough time to study. I get out of school on May 2nd and plan to study the entire month. I am sure I could use more time than that, but it depends on when AADSAS will submit my application to the schools to be processed. In other words, what (approximately) is the latest possible date I could take the DAT and still have it arrive at the schools around the same time my application gets there (assuming I submit the application the first day possible). Any help would be greatly appreciated. What would we all do without this forum??? Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

grhay13 said:
I am new to the forum. I have a couple of questions that I need clarified if anyone can help me out! First of all, I understand that the application is released around May 15th. However, most schools say that you cannot "submit" your application until June 1st. So when I complete my application on May 15th, can I not press the submit button until June 1st, or do I submit it as soon as possible after May 15th and then AADSAS only sends it to the schools after June 1st? That sounded confusing! I am just wondering about which date to go by, May 15th submission or June 1st? My second question is about the DAT. I am currently scheduled to take it on June 2nd. However, I am considering changing it to a later date so that I have enough time to study. I get out of school on May 2nd and plan to study the entire month. I am sure I could use more time than that, but it depends on when AADSAS will submit my application to the schools to be processed. In other words, what (approximately) is the latest possible date I could take the DAT and still have it arrive at the schools around the same time my application gets there (assuming I submit the application the first day possible). Any help would be greatly appreciated. What would we all do without this forum??? Thanks in advance :)
You are basically doing the same thing I am doing... I get out around May 2nd as well and am going to send my application June 1st. But i am not taking the DAT tell mid July or so... You can take the DAT up to early august and it should get to the school about same time as your AADSAS. Hope this helped

Take your DAT preferrably before beginning of August, however absolutely no later than the end of August. This will at least give you some time to re-take it if you are not happy with your scores. I did the same thing you are planning to do and took mine around July 20. To be honest, I wished I had taken it in August because the one more month could have really helped me (In math!). Taking it in July vs. August is really not that much different.

Members don't see this ad :)
mynameistino said:
you have to wait 90 days before you can take it agian

Tino, so glad you still have a pulse. I have to admit that I was a bit worried after a number of people (including myself) tore you a new one over that "i want to kill myself" thread. Congrats on not being dead.

Take your DATs as early as possible. It doesn't matter for most but for some (UOP) it reallly matters. Thats one thing I would have done differently.

thanks everyone for the input!! anyone know about when you can actually "submit" your application, May 15th or June 1st??

grhay13 said:
thanks everyone for the input!! anyone know about when you can actually "submit" your application, May 15th or June 1st??

you can submit your application may 15th; however, your application won't reach the schools until well after that because AADSAS has to calculate your GPA and compile your LORs.

June 1st is a pretty unrealistic expectation of when a school will receive your application, even if you apply on the 15th of may.