• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

In need of last minute advice: U of Minn. vs Wash U

Kfix

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Would it be crazy to rank U of Minn. about Wash U. I liked the area and the feel of U of Minn. better but I know Wash U.'s reputation is better. U of Minn. is supposedly rising in the ranks, but do you think it has become competative enough that it wouldn't be detrimental to rank them above Wash U. I am considering fellowships (no cards though).
Thanx!!!
Kfix

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think "crazy" would be turning down a place you think you'd be happier at.

I'm obviously biased towards Minnesota, but I think it's generally accepted that anybody can get into a solid non-cardiology/GI/allergy fellowship coming out of the the University of Minnesota. I interviewed at both the U of Minnesota and WashU, and I'm not convinced the clinical training at one is better then the other. In fact, I prefer Minnesota's morning reports and Friday M&Ms to any other conference series I've seen.

Previous threads: my review of the U of Minnesota is here, and I made some recent comments about Minnesota here.

About the Ads

BlueJayBill

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2002
Status (Visible)
i'd say wash u, without a doubt.. i think the research there is phenomenal, and all the subspeicalty departments and faculty are really top notch. I dont know about Uminn's fellowship list, but wash u was pretty good. also, i think the national rep of wash u exceeds that of Uminn. I dont think you'll be closing any doors with wash u, but i dont think i can say the same about u minn.

bill

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.