In need of some MCAT help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Climberak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the practice MCAT by Kaplan and I did horrible :scared: I scored 4 Physical Sciences, 6 Verbal Reasoning, and 2 in Biological Sciences. The bright side is that I have nowhere to go but up :) . On a side note, I took it cold with no studying prior; I have yet to take organic chem as well (this year I will). I plan on taking the MCAT in the late spring or early summer of '08. That being said, I have a few questions. The first is should I spend my money now on the Kaplan '07 guide or should I wait till next year? If I choose the latter, what should I do between now and then to prepare for the MCAT? Are there any general tips you guys can recommend for tackling this thing? I plan on studying a little bit everyday, but I'm saving the real intense stuff till a few months prior, is that a good idea? Also, from your personal experience, what is the best study prep for MCAT (Kaplan, Princeton, Test Krakers, etc.)? Any other comments would be welcome, just don't talk about my test score :smuggrin: .
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

2 on bio science?

Have you taking your general bio series? What is your major? You still have a year before the exam. I suggest you take physiology, genetics, cell bio over the next school year and this summer.

in my opinion the new kaplan 2008 book will not be that much different. You have to remember that just because the format of the mcat is changing, that does not necessarily mean that the content on the mcat is changing. I would bet that the differences in the kaplan books between 2007, 2008, or 2009 would just be the practice questions at the end of each section and also the practice tests. I really think the changes in content would be minimal. But again, that is just my opinion..

I got 2 on bio science because it was mostly organic chem questions. I also did an online sample, not the fully simulated practice test. I'm taking genetics this summer and cell bio/comparative animal physiology this fall. I'm a bio major. Reine1jb, thanks for the input, I'll guess kaplan is the way to go.