In other news, the sky is still blue.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also recently discovered water is wet.

Jnl of Neurophysiology | Mobile

"Although the ability to sense skin wetness and humidity is critical for behavioral and autonomic adaptations, humans are not provided with specific skin receptors for sensing wetness. It has been proposed that we “learn” to perceive the wetness experienced when the skin is in contact with a wet surface or when sweat is produced through a multisensory integration of thermal and tactile inputs generated by the interaction between skin and moisture."

Members don't see this ad :)
Jnl of Neurophysiology | Mobile

"Although the ability to sense skin wetness and humidity is critical for behavioral and autonomic adaptations, humans are not provided with specific skin receptors for sensing wetness. It has been proposed that we “learn” to perceive the wetness experienced when the skin is in contact with a wet surface or when sweat is produced through a multisensory integration of thermal and tactile inputs generated by the interaction between skin and moisture."
Is anyone surprised? This totally makes sense.

Isn't that kind of in line with this whole thread?
I was under the impression that the journal of neurophysiology would have a high impact factor.... I was incorrect. Carry on.

Edit: I do have to say that I love the idea of an innate "sense of wetness".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.