In person Mcat, tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avtf

Reaction score
Greetings,

Let's get to the point. I've been working on the MCAT for a while (4 months) and feel as though I need either a tutor or an in-person MCAT class. I'm losing the self-motivation to keep going and can't figure out what's wrong with my test-taking skills. I know a few SMPs and other masters programs offer MCAT prep along with their programs, but I don't know which ones or whether they're actually effective in making an applicant more competitive when applying to medical school. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I studied on my own the first time and then took a class the second time. I got slightly higher, but most importantly went up in CARS. Taking a class doesn't automatically give you motivation. My score increase in CARS was because of a change in mindset and behavior. I very much enjoyed and benefitted from my in-person MCAT class, but I learned early on that I'd still be doing the majority of my prep by myself. The class I took is out of business, otherwise I'd recommend them if you were dead set on a course. Just go into any class you choose with your eyes wide open.