"In the Area" emails...do I say I'm interviewing elsewhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bin Rushd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

So, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm interviewing somewhere in about a month and there are 5 other schools "in the area" (with the furthest being a 4 hour drive away). So, I have 2 questions:

1.) Do I say I'm interviewing at a nearby school? Or do I stay general and just say I'm in the area?

2.) Is it a bad idea to send this email to 5/~20 schools I applied to? I mean, together they are a substantial chunk of the schools I applied to and, therefore, I don't want to annoy them by any means...

Please, any advice appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

No one? I've searched about Question#1 and there doesn't seem to be any consensus. :shrug:

Just say you're in the area and express that you'd really love a chance to interview at their school. I don't think it really matters if you say you're in the area for another interview or not.

Reactions: 1 user
I said I was interviewing in the area and two schools responded favorably and offered II. Schools know that you will be interviewing so just say why you are there, it won't matter if they had planned to offer you an II anyhow.

Reactions: 1 user