"In the area" interview request

csheng89

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Nashville
  1. Medical Student
    Hi,

I was just wondering how some of you approached this issue and perhaps give me some advice on how to phrase it in a diplomatic way. Like I live on the east coast and I'm invited to an interview in Cali in early December and I'd like to see if it would be possible to schedule another interview within a couple days of that one so I only have to fly out once. How should I do this? Thanks!

Melicopter

10+ Year Member
    Mar 12, 2009
    1. Medical Student
      It seems like my premed advisor offered to do this for me (i.e. make the phone call to the school) if it ever came up. I didn't take her up on it, but it seems like a decent idea.

Eliz22

Jan 7, 2010
      New York
      1. Medical Student
        I recently used the "in the area" card for two NYC schools. I was offered interviews at both and they both were very receptive and accomidating with scheduling. I would recommend that you express genuine interest in the schools (maybe butter them up a little) followed by a quick explanation that you would love to speak with someone at the school in person while in the area if admissions is at all interested in interviewing you. Go heavy on the politeness and nicities. Good luck!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.