Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

In the end does it really matter..

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PharmDR, Apr 5, 2002.

1. PharmDR

PharmDR Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey guys,

i'm looking into 3 post bac programs here in philly. mcp hahnemann, upenn and pcom. and depending on which program i get accepted to, it can affect my finances for tuition.

my first question to you guys is, does it really matter to the med school admissions which post-bac program you went through? ideally, i would like to go through the hahnemann program, but the downside to that is that you can't work full-time. i'm a full-time employee now and can't afford to stop work. so that leaves me with pcom or upenn.

my second question if you got the same gpa coming out of any of three programs, would the medical school put more weight over one program over another? what i'm asking is does it really really matter.
    what do you guys think?

thanks
    PharmDR

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc
    7+ Year Member

It depends on the medical schools that you are applying to.

Some schoolos might not be familiar with PCOM or MCP but everybody has heard of UPENN.

Plus if you got high grades in UPENN I would think admissions people would like that.

However if you want to go to MCP med school or PCOM osteo school then I would choose those post bac programs.

Good Luck

AK

4. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical