1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

In the mean time

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by freeriderorsomething, Aug 13, 2015.

1. freeriderorsomething

Pre-Medical
    My gpa is not perfect (upward trend) so I want to (need to) knock the MCAT out of the park! I have a year and a half before I finish all prerequisites and will begin a 7 month study schedule. It might seem like a lot, but I am not naturally gifted in the sciences and know that I need to put in time studying for this test. My question is, during the next year and a half is there anything that you all think that I could be doing to help myself out with the mcat? Maybe it's too early to start full on studying, but can I be doing ANYTHING in spare time/ weekends to help? I was thinking vocabulary practice or something along those lines. If you all know of any vocabulary sets or books that you would recommend, I would be absolutely appreciate it. Any ideas for light prep for the next year and a half are welcomed. Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lmladdno84

2+ Year Member

Nope. I wouldn't start anything for the MCAT until I could put 100% effort into nothing but this test. 7 months is MUCH MORE than enough time. Enjoy the next year 1/2.

freeriderorsomething likes this.
  4. TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Work hard and ace your pre-reqs. The better you understand those the easier it will be to study for the mcat.

5. kanda1o

Pre-Medical
    Yeah don't look at the classes as just classes you need good grades in... LEARN THE MATERIAL!!! It'll make mcat studying SO much easier

6. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Though it should be noted that the former is usually a result of the latter, more or less.

7. Krabbeman

2+ Year Member

Medical Student