1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

In the mean time

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by freeriderorsomething, Aug 13, 2015.

1. freeriderorsomething

Pre-Medical
    My gpa is not perfect (upward trend) so I want to (need to) knock the MCAT out of the park! I have a year and a half before I finish all prerequisites and will begin a 7 month study schedule. It might seem like a lot, but I am not naturally gifted in the sciences and know that I need to put in time studying for this test. My question is, during the next year and a half is there anything that you all think that I could be doing to help myself out with the mcat? Maybe it's too early to start full on studying, but can I be doing ANYTHING in spare time/ weekends to help? I was thinking vocabulary practice or something along those lines. If you all know of any vocabulary sets or books that you would recommend, I would be absolutely appreciate it. Any ideas for light prep for the next year and a half are welcomed. Thank you!

2. lmladdno84

2+ Year Member

Nope. I wouldn't start anything for the MCAT until I could put 100% effort into nothing but this test. 7 months is MUCH MORE than enough time. Enjoy the next year 1/2.

freeriderorsomething likes this.
  3. TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Work hard and ace your pre-reqs. The better you understand those the easier it will be to study for the mcat.

4. kanda1o

Pre-Medical
    Yeah don't look at the classes as just classes you need good grades in... LEARN THE MATERIAL!!! It'll make mcat studying SO much easier

5. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Though it should be noted that the former is usually a result of the latter, more or less.

6. Krabbeman

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    study?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...