In-Training 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drjvalerio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! The results are out! I just wanted a feel for ow everyone did on their in-service. I pretty much had 1% less than last year. If most people have their biggest gains between the first and second years, then I'm afraid of what may happen next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone! The results are out! I just wanted a feel for ow everyone did on their in-service. I pretty much had 1% less than last year. If most people have their biggest gains between the first and second years, then I'm afraid of what may happen next year!

Those are out already? Where?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, where? I can't even find the 2010 exam content and answers on abfm

Ok.. originally when I posted that the results where out, I meant the test answers were on the ABFM website. I guess that was some kind of glich at that time and they decided to remove the answers. But now they are back up and I hope for good!

So What's the verdict....

Ok.. originally when I posted that the results where out, I meant the test answers were on the ABFM website. I guess that was some kind of glich at that time and they decided to remove the answers. But now they are back up and I hope for good!

So What's the verdict....
What was the last year average (raw score) last year for interns? We are new to this so don't know how to interpret the results, and apparently, they will not send the actual results until one week before christmas, thats what they say at my program.

What was the last year average (raw score) last year for interns? We are new to this so don't know how to interpret the results, and apparently, they will not send the actual results until one week before christmas, thats what they say at my program.

Well the in service should be used by the 3rd years to see what their chances are in passing the Boards are. Last year, 3rd years who scored a 450 and above and took the boards the following summer were more likely to passed. This can only give the current 3rd years a rough idea of how much they need to score in their in-training to assure a passing score in the actual boards. If you can get one of your seniors to print out last years score, you can read with more detail what I mean.

I think last years mean scaled score was 414 for first years.

results are out, the mean I believe was 379 ! can you believe that ?

That one hurt --- I'm within the =/- 3.0 of the mean but the Z score is .04 outside the boundary of what's acceptable to the program.....

How the heck do you prepare for that exam? I can tell they want me to take long, hot showers with the USPSTF and be married to OB/Gyn and peds, but for everything else?

BTW - what gets reported to the ACGME? I've been told probation and things like that but what about lower than mean exams scores, etc? What are the consequences of being reported to ACGME? I'm not the lowest and I've heard there are other people outside of my intern class that are lower but still....I'm a competitive schmuck who wants to do better.....