In training exam for PGY1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliforniaBound

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all :)

Just a quick question about the In training exam. I am currently doing a transitional year before I start my Anesthesia training. A fellow TY found out that she has to take the In training exam this year, and they are sending her a copy of the exam. She is going to Emory for Anesthesia. I wasn't sure if this is a new requirement or if it's always been this way? Just wondering if this is program specific or for all of the PGY1's regardless if you matched into a catagorical or advanced position. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all :)

Just a quick question about the In training exam. I am currently doing a transitional year before I start my Anesthesia training. A fellow TY found out that she has to take the In training exam this year, and they are sending her a copy of the exam. She is going to Emory for Anesthesia. I wasn't sure if this is a new requirement or if it's always been this way? Just wondering if this is program specific or for all of the PGY1's regardless if you matched into a catagorical or advanced position. Thanks :)

I don't think so. The IM program I'm doing my prelim year at doesn't make any prelims take the in-service exam, just the medicine categorical interns.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks :) Yeah, I called my PD, guess it's hit or miss from program to program.