Quantcast

In what collegiate extracurriculars did you engage?

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + 5 Med School Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sallyhasanidea

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Columbia Secondary has this question:

In what collegiate extracurriculars did you engage? (400 char)

Does extracurricular here mean only stuff you did that is affiliated with the school you attended?

For example, if I volunteer at a hospital, but that hospital is not affiliated with the school would I name that activity? If I did research with an affiliated department of the school would I list that activity?

DocJuan

Reaction score
Columbia Secondary has this question:

In what collegiate extracurriculars did you engage? (400 char)

Does extracurricular here mean only stuff you did that is affiliated with the school you attended?

For example, if I volunteer at a hospital, but that hospital is not affiliated with the school would I name that activity? If I did research with an affiliated department of the school would I list that activity?

that counts as extracurricular. You could have played in a local jazz band and that would count as extracurricular. I just made sure to limit it to things that I did during the school year (as opposed to after I graduated)

In short definitely list it as an extracurricular if done while in school! I'm not certain the term doesn't apply to things done after graduation but that's just the assumption I made.

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I think it sounds like its only referring to ECs that took place in school.

AirplaneFruit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this seriously on their secondary app?

How is it any different than the Primary's Work/Activities?

Reactions: 1 users

Pusheen

silently judging
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this seriously on their secondary app?

How is it any different than the Primary's Work/Activities?
Literally the most useless secondary question ever. I assumed it was EC's associated with the college since the alternative would be to just copy down the activities section. But everyone seems to think that it is indeed the latter. :meh:

Reactions: 1 user