In which DO school does getting an interview most imply that you are basically in?

doctor in da makin

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Are there places where getting an interview means that you are pretty much in, so long as you don't completely botch it?

getfat

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
Status
Medical Student
During my interview last week, Someone mentioned at LECOM 40% of interviewed applicants eventually get accepted.

Thats probably going to be the highest chance you have. A lot of schools place interview performance as the top 3 most important criteria.

Reactions: doctor in da makin

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student

parpar2222

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Medical Student
None. Because conducting interviews is on the applicants dime, and many schools stockpile their wait lists. FYI, BCOM had over 400 people on their wait list for the last cycle.
How many people did BCOM interview last cycle?

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
During my interview last week, Someone mentioned at LECOM 40% of interviewed applicants eventually get accepted.

Thats probably going to be the highest chance you have. A lot of schools place interview performance as the top 3 most important criteria.
No, RVU and the midwesterns have something like a 70%+ acceptance rate post interview, but they are stingy with their invites and screen heavily pre-II. Some schools only interview people they want to accept but just want to make sure they aren't Ted Bundy and others interview a lot of people to see if some people are better in real life than they look on paper.

But, OP, there are no schools where acceptance is guaranteed. Even at those high post II acceptance schools they will still reject you for being a moron. Long story short: don't be stupid. (This is literally my life motto :cigar:)

Oct 27, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Are there places where getting an interview means that you are pretty much in, so long as you don't completely botch it?
It depends, the earlier you interview the better your chances of getting accepted after the interview. Most schools run a rolling admissions cycle so as the year progresses it gets harder.

One of the Nova adcom members said its usually about a 50 percent chance if you are invited for an interview. I do not think schools just invite people randomly.

Reactions: doctor in da makin

GypsyHummus

7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2011
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

LECOM certainly did not accept 40%.

It was 25% accept, 25% waitlist, 50 reject from the interview. I was in the 25 for waitlist

Reactions: getfat

FutureD.O

OU-HCOM OMS-II
2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2014
Status
Medical Student
From my interview cycle I remember WCUCOM and LMUDCOM being two schools that accepted a very large portion of those they interviewed. Not too sure about any other schools.