In your experience, which medical schools have the "best" admissions office?

sovereign0

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
Medical Student
inb4 "whoever accepts me"

Which medical schools have you had the best interactions with in terms of the helpfulness or friendliness of the staff?

I wanted to give a shout out to Jefferson Medical College. I'm a re-applicant from last cycle, so naturally when I didn't get in anywhere I did the ritualistic flailing about and emailing for advice on how to improve for round 2. Most schools replied saying that they "make their decisions in strict confidence" or they receive too many applications and don't have resources, or something or the other.

Literally the morning after I sent emails, I got woken up by a very bewildering phone call from the dean of admissions (might have been an assistant dean). I ended up getting some advice from a handful of schools, but none of them matched the depth and personalization that I got from Jefferson. Pretty crazy considering that they get over 10k apps a year.

Feb 9, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Quinnipiac's admission staff was pretty cool I thought. They were nice and professional during the interview day and over the phone