Incarnate Word FSOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyrx90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Incarnate Word for Class of 2018? My preference is to stay in Texas so I will be applying to pretty much all the Texas schools. If I have to leave Texas then I will do that. I will also be applying to many schools outside of Texas.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello pharmacyrx90. I will also be applying to Incarnate Word for Class of 2018 and it is actually the only school that I am applying to. Due to spouses job I will need to stay in this area. I've also toured the school and have found that it's an excellent school.

I'm also applying to UIW and this is also the only school to which I am applying. Have y'all submitted the application yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application last week. Have y'all gotten any feedback from the school??

Hello pharmacyrx90. I will also be applying to Incarnate Word for Class of 2018 and it is actually the only school that I am applying to. Due to spouses job I will need to stay in this area. I've also toured the school and have found that it's an excellent school.

Hey, I'm also planing to apply to UIW, could you tell me a little bit more specific about the school please since I never had a chance to pay a visit?

I submitted my application last week. Have y'all gotten any feedback from the school??

I submitted mine a while back and I have not received anything. I'm getting kind of worried, does anyone know when they start sending out regular decision interview invites?

I submitted mine a while back and I have not received anything. I'm getting kind of worried, does anyone know when they start sending out regular decision interview invites?

December

Im applying as well... Just submitted mine 10/15( pharmCAS mail to school on 10/21) I also email the school to see whether they received my application and fee. They replied and told me the interview decision would be made within 2 weeks. I'm really nervous right now and can't wait to receive interview invite. Cross my fingers and hope it happens soon

i got an interview invite! did anyone else?

i got an interview invite! did anyone else?
I did too... I feel so bad because earlier today I confirmed my interview with an out of state school so now I have to reschedule that for this one... :(

I did too... I feel so bad because earlier today I confirmed my interview with an out of state school so now I have to reschedule that for this one... :(
may I ask when did you submit your application?

oh nevermind, I just received the email as well. happy + worry at the same time

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think rescheduling the interview date would hurt my chances?

Do you think rescheduling the interview date would hurt my chances?
lol We are... I apply for all schools in TX(well, except UT cuz I know I can't stand a chance :) I don't think so. I just got off the phone with my friend who are P1 there. She said that we are the 1st interview round. She said the interview is pretty laid back and people are nice and welcome. But really, I don't know it really depends.

Anyways, I'm going to be there Dec 6th at 1:00 to 4:30 pm. anyone else be there at the same time?

lol We are... I apply for all schools in TX(well, except UT cuz I know I can't stand a chance :) I don't think so. I just got off the phone with my friend who are P1 there. She said that we are the 1st interview round. She said the interview is pretty laid back and people are nice and welcome. But really, I don't know it really depends.

Anyways, I'm going to be there Dec 6th at 1:00 to 4:30 pm. anyone else be there at the same time?

I emailed Ms. Dicianna and I was told that if i forfeit this interview then my application will be put back into a mix of new applicants. Then if I am competitive with that group, I would be re-invited. I rather go to school in Texas so I have to re-schedule my interview with the out of state school... sucks because it is the same situation with them.

But I am going to be there at 1:00 too!

Received my interview invite today as well. I signed up for the 8 AM time slot.

For those of you that received interview invites and confirmed, have y'all received any confirmation emails or anything like that?

No. However I emailed MS. Deciana and she confirmed my interview was scheduled and she said we should be getting a confirmation email with further details sometime this week or possibly next week

No. However I emailed MS. Deciana and she confirmed my interview was scheduled and she said we should be getting a confirmation email with further details sometime this week or possibly next week

Awesome! Thanks for your reply :)

Congrats everyone! I will be there in the morning on Dec. 6th as well. I'm constantly checking my email for the conformation! lol

for those of you who received the interview invite. when did you complete the uiw packet?

for those of you who received the interview invite. when did you complete the uiw packet?
I actually didn't complete mine until about 10/25/13. Received email from UIW that everything was complete on 10/29/13.

I completed mine 10/21/2013 and got the email like 2 weeks after that.

Has anyone received their confirmation email? I was told that we would receive it this week, but so far nothing.

i completed my packet and received an email on nov. 6 but i haven't heard anything back ever since.... do i still have a chance? i'm really worried...

I received my confirmation email on 11/22.
Thanks JQT. I did finally receive it that evening. Just expected it to arrive a little earlier I guess.

I will see some of you on Friday and best of luck to everyone!

i completed my packet and received an email on nov. 6 but i haven't heard anything back ever since.... do i still have a chance? i'm really worried...
What type of email did you receive? If it was an offer for an interview and you haven't heard anything since, you should defintely contact the school. Ms. Dicianna is very helpful.

Thanks JQT. I did finally receive it that evening. Just expected it to arrive a little earlier I guess.

I will see some of you on Friday and best of luck to everyone!
I received 2 confirmation letters, one in last week, one today to remind the interview this Fri. Still nervous like the first time.

Are Dec 6's interviews gonna get canceled due to inclement weather conditions?

Last edited:
I was at Dec 6 interview at 8 o'clock slot. Oh, my God, I never saw such a crowded pool of candidates today. It seems that whoever apply will be invited for the interview. 80 interviewees! That's only for the morning. I am sure the similar number is for the afternoon slot.
In general, the interview went through orderly and smooth. The staff are friendly. However, I am not impressed with the facilities of the school. I still miss some courses for this school which I plan to take in the spring, but after today, I am happy with my decision not to take these classes anymore.:)

I was at Dec 6 interview at 8 o'clock slot. Oh, my God, I never saw such a crowded pool of candidates today. It seems that whoever apply will be invited for the interview. 80 interviewees! That's only for the morning. I am sure the similar number is for the afternoon slot.
In general, the interview went through orderly and smooth. The staff are friendly. However, I am not impressed with the facilities of the school. I still miss some courses for this school which I plan to take in the spring, but after today, I am happy with my decision not to take these classes anymore.:)

They have so many people there today due to the fact that they only have 2 interview dates, which is today and one other day in Feb. I was there today as well at 1 pm. We also had so many interviewees there.

For those that interviewed, did any of you submit that survey on the yellow sheet of paper? If so was it mandatory? When and who did you turn it into?
Also for that skills assessment test, we didn't have to put a username and password did we?

For those that interviewed, did any of you submit that survey on the yellow sheet of paper? If so was it mandatory? When and who did you turn it into?
Also for that skills assessment test, we didn't have to put a username and password did we?
I did not submit the survey. It's just optional. Don't worry about it. For the assessment test, I remembered we had to fill some information to identify for scoring. I didn't remember exactly what to fill out now. Sorry.

you have to input your name and email address to log into the assessment test

Reactions: 1 user
What type of email did you receive? If it was an offer for an interview and you haven't heard anything since, you should defintely contact the school. Ms. Dicianna is very helpful.
i received an email (nov.6) saying that my packet is complete and it is being reviewed but i haven't heard anything back ever since

Did anyone who was there yesterday catch when Dr. Lord said acceptances would be given out? Was it the first week of January for those that interviewed yesterday?

Did anyone who was there yesterday catch when Dr. Lord said acceptances would be given out? Was it the first week of January for those that interviewed yesterday?

He said it would be Jan. 15th. My friend last year got her acceptance email the first or second week of January.

He said the first week of Jan 25% of acceptance will be mailed out, then after the Feb interviews, the rest will be mailed out!

He said the first week of Jan 25% of acceptance will be mailed out, then after the Feb interviews, the rest will be mailed out!
Thanks everyone for the info. Good luck to y'all!

Hey everyone! I too was there at the December 6 interviews. I want to wish everyone the best of luck!! Reading posts from last year gave me an estimate on admission letters. The earliest were around Jan 19 last year so this gives everyone an idea when we should start getting them. Admission letters came out later on as well. One person got theirs in July I believe so don't give up! Another thing I noticed that several people who got accepted gave up their seats to be admitted to other schools so a wait list may not be as bad as it seems. Well again good luck to everyone! Happy Holidays and hope we all can start off the new year great with admission letters!

Hey guys, Good luck to everyone who already interviewed and the ones waiting to get interview. I am a pharmacy student at UIW Feik school here. If you guys have any questions please feel free to msg me. I will try to answer them with my best ability.
Good luck and make sure to have fun before you guys start pharmacy school!! :)

The same thing has happened to me. I submitted my supplementary packet on 11/09 and I haven't heard back since

The same thing has happened to me. I submitted my supplementary packet on 11/09 and I haven't heard back since

Yes you still have a chance. Remember guys they interview a lot of applicants in February. Please be patient ( I know it is easier said than done) . I interviewed in February and got accepted in march. Just send an email to Ms. Dicianna or Ms. Hernandez to make sure they received your application and any other required documents.

please keep me posted if you hear anything and i will do the same.

I've got an interview for Jan 18th, who else got on the same day?

I've got an interview for Jan 18th, who else got on the same day?
Congratulations! I had my interview on Dec. 6. It was a pretty relaxed environment so don't be too nervous. Good luck!