Incarnate Word FSOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys get the email first or letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive a letter yesterday?? I haven't received anything. Not email nor mail :(
yep got it yesterday. i'm from San Antonio though, so if you're from somewhere farther away it'll probably take a little longer.

I received my letter in the mail today. I got wait listed also =(

I got my letter yesterday. I was also wait listed. No email.

Trying to keep this thread alive. Any good news? Hang in there guys!

Looking forward to finishing pre-req's this semester and receiving my packet in June. : )

I forgot but what comes in the packet?
I'm not sure of everything in the packet, but I believe it's supposed to be things like the dress code and what else they will need from us.

do you guys know how many people they wait list at a time? what are the chances of getting in if you're on the wait list? I'm also waitlisted, i've been trying to call but it seems very hard to get a hold of them. I got accepted into a different school but my preference is to go to UIW. I wanted to know if I should finish my pre-reqs for this school or just turn in the matriculation for the other school...? any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know how many people they wait list at a time? what are the chances of getting in if you're on the wait list? I'm also waitlisted, i've been trying to call but it seems very hard to get a hold of them. I got accepted into a different school but my preference is to go to UIW. I wanted to know if I should finish my pre-reqs for this school or just turn in the matriculation for the other school...? any suggestions?

The deposit for all the people who got accepted is due on Feb. 28th. So if you're waitlisted, you might hear back 2-3 weeks from then, if you wanted a timeline. I'm not sure how many people they waitlist though. =/ If you're already enrolled in the pre-reqs for UIW might as well finish them. Otherwise, you can wait until you hear back and finish your prereqs early in the summer since I believe they're due August 1st.

Hey everyone! I am currently a pharmacy student at UIW. If anyone has any questions let me know. For those of you that got in, CONGRATS! You will truly love it here. I know it is early, but if you are looking for housing in San Antonio let me know because I know it's hard to find. Currently I moved into a brand new apartment complex about 5 minutes away from school for a pretty good deal so let me know if you are interested in finding out more info.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I am currently a pharmacy student at UIW. If anyone has any questions let me know. For those of you that got in, CONGRATS! You will truly love it here. I know it is early, but if you are looking for housing in San Antonio let me know because I know it's hard to find. Currently I moved into a brand new apartment complex about 5 minutes away from school for a pretty good deal so let me know if you are interested in finding out more info.
would you please give some info about tuition and how much loan or grad we can get. also i am looking for apartment.

I am looking for an apartment too. I am more than likely attending here (if my other school doesn't accept me)... will be looking for potential roommates!

Thank you for offering to answer some of our questions. I start in Aug. and am wondering how you feel about the block scheduling. Generally, how many classes are you taking at a time and are you there most days from 8am-5pm? I've worked in the pharmacy field for 12 years now and will thankfully be able to attend pharm. school without working. I suppose I'm just wondering if there is plenty of time to work on homework.

One last question, do you feel that your pre-req's were more difficult than actual pharm. school? I work with several doctors and pharmacists who said that they felt their pre-req's were more difficult and I found that strange.

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you in advance.

I thought they were done doing interviews, but I just learned they are STILL doing them. I feel like I have no chance of getting off that wait list

I thought they were done doing interviews, but I just learned they are STILL doing them. I feel like I have no chance of getting off that wait list

Who told you they're still doing interviews? I thought they said the Jan interview was their last. I am on the wait list too :(

WHoaaa......so much for honesty with their applicants. The counselor literally told me on the phone Feb 6 th was their last interview
My coworker has her interview there tomorrow

would you please give some info about tuition and how much loan or grad we can get. also i am looking for apartment.
Y
Thank you for offering to answer some of our questions. I start in Aug. and am wondering how you feel about the block scheduling. Generally, how many classes are you taking at a time and are you there most days from 8am-5pm? I've worked in the pharmacy field for 12 years now and will thankfully be able to attend pharm. school without working. I suppose I'm just wondering if there is plenty of time to work on homework.

One last question, do you feel that your pre-req's were more difficult than actual pharm. school? I work with several doctors and pharmacists who said that they felt their pre-req's were more difficult and I found that strange.

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you in advance.
I liked the block scheduling because it allowed you to put your focus on those classes. first year your schedule usually starts around 8 and would run until 5 if you have lab (which is twice a week). Yes, the pre-reqs were more difficult then in pharmacy school.

Y

I liked the block scheduling because it allowed you to put your focus on those classes. first year your schedule usually starts around 8 and would run until 5 if you have lab (which is twice a week). Yes, the pre-reqs were more difficult then in pharmacy school.
Thank you. : ) I think that I'm going to like the block scheduling as well. Being able to focus on just a couple classes at one time seems like it would allow you to do better in those courses. Thanks again! : )

has anyone on the wait list heard back from the school yet?

I will be giving up my seat here... congrats and good luck to the person who will be getting it!

I haven't heard anything yet :(
Yeah I e-mailed Ms. Diciana and she told me we won't hear anything back until after spring break when they'll start looking at the waiting list.

Has anyone from the wait list heard anything yet from the school?

Does anyone know what they are expecting for the pharmacy observational experience? Can this experience just be shadowing a pharmacist or does it need to be work as a pharmacy tech?

Shadowing a pharmacist or working as a pharmacy tech will work for the observational experience.

Shadowing a pharmacist or working as a pharmacy tech will work for the observational experience.
Thank you, I appreciate it! Happen to know of any pharmacies that allow shadowing? I know the big corporations don't.

Try finding an independent pharmacy :) If you get registered as a CPhT they'll be more eager to let you shadow since you can do things that only CPhT can do. That's what I did before I found a job :)

Yeah being certified will help you a lot. I shadow at the university hospital downtown. Also I think the cvs or walgreens can help. Just call around!

Has anyone received their packet yet? I was told that they were going to be mailed out on May 19.

Hey has anyone who has been wait listed heard back yet? I was wondering because I'm getting anxious as July creeps nearer and nearer.

What?! I'm so happy for you! What did they tell you to do next now that you got accepted?
Thank you! I have to accept and put in my deposit by the 14th. I was emailed some paperwork to get started as well.

Last edited:
To everyone that got accepted... How big is your class? Do they tell you?

Nope they have not. I think we will know during orientation.

Normally all the class sizes are ~100 people
Congratulations to those who got accepted! Have a good time during orientation and remember your peers are there to help! So don't hesitate in asking any questions! Sincerely, FSOP grad class of 2014