owlbright

Chubbic Bowman
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I heard the NAPLEX passing rate for this school is rather low....and also the most pricy institute in Texas. Any alumni care to share the update?

Jan 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I'm just a P1, so I can't really comment too much, but their NAPLEX scores were the lowest they had ever been this past year so maybe it was just a bad class. The previous years were ~95% give or take like 2% the past 3 years before that.

About the Ads

Jay2k21

2+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone submitted their PharmCas application to this school yet?

Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Hi Christine
When did you get your invitation email plz?It is from Incarnate Words COP, right? and how was you stats plz?
Thank you,

Oct 27, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi Christine
When did you get your invitation email plz?It is from Incarnate Words COP, right? and how was you stats plz?
Thank you,
Hi Darius!
I just got my invitation email earlier today around 4pm. Yes it was from Incarnate Word COP, where they linked me to confirm my interview invite. My stats were not all that great so don't lose hope! They're interviewing December, January, and February.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Hi Darius!
I just got my invitation email earlier today around 4pm. Yes it was from Incarnate Word COP, where they linked me to confirm my interview invite. My stats were not all that great:
Overall: 3.65
Math/Science: 3.63
Pre-Req: 3.49
PCAT: not competitive
So don't lose hope! They're interviewing December, January, and February vs. the other years where they only did January and February. Hope to hear good news from everyone and I'll update you guys on how the interview went.
Thank you for your info,
I have submitted my application 09/05/14. However I have not received an invitation email yet. My PCAT comp: 96% and got BS in biology, MS in clinical biochemistry and PhD in Biochemistry from non-US universities (i.e. from UK). I am a little bit worried and guessing if I don't receive an invitation email for December, I will lose my chance for interviews in Jan and Feb. By the way, Where are you applying from?
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

owlbright

Chubbic Bowman
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Have you applied to other programs? Your background is so strong and I believe you could get into UT-Austin or the equivalent.

About the Ads
Oct 27, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Thank you for your info,
I have submitted my application 09/05/14. However I have not received an invitation email yet. My PCAT comp: 96% and got BS in biology, MS in clinical biochemistry and PhD in Biochemistry from non-US universities (i.e. from UK). I am a little bit worried and guessing if I don't receive an invitation email for December, I will lose my chance for interviews in Jan and Feb. By the way, Where are you applying from?
Thanks!
Wow, your PCAT is amazing so you should have no worries. I also have a BS Biology and a lot of volunteering hours and currently shadowing a pharmacist. Your background is too amazing to pass up (MS and PhD). They're interviewing up until February so no worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

owlbright

Chubbic Bowman
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Wow, your PCAT is amazing so you should have no worries. I also have a BS Biology and a lot of volunteering hours and currently shadowing a pharmacist. Don't lose hope! Your background is too amazing to pass up (MS and PhD), unless they're intimidated by your accomplishments. They're interviewing up until February so no worries. Wish you the best! Btw, I'm applying from Southeast Texas, about 1.5 hours from Houston and 4.5 hours away from San Antonio.
ME too! I live by the border with Louisiana, Beaumont/Orange/Port Arthur Triangle area. But probably I won't go to UIW since I already got accepted into another public pharmacy school in Texas .
Good Luck!

Oct 27, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
ME too! I live by the border with Louisiana, Beaumont/Orange/Port Arthur Triangle area. But probably I won't go to UIW since I already got accepted into another public pharmacy school in Texas .
Good Luck!
I live in the Golden Triangle!!!! Small world! Congrats on your acceptance, UT?

usagi

5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi guys, has any body applied for it IWU? if so, is any body received invitation letter yet?
Also I think you have a good chance for an invitation, like Christine said, your stats are strong! Do you have pharmacy observational experience? They require that, along with a form documenting it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sep 23, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have an interview this Friday as well! In the email, it says there will be an exam, writing sample and interview. It's supposed to last 4 hours. I'll let yall know how it goes!

About the Ads

usagi

5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
How did the interview go guys? What was the wring exam about?
I'm not sure if I should tell you the exact topic, but it's a topic that anyone can answer without prior preparation. It's a kinda personal essay. You get 25 minutes and you can use microsoft word. I thought it was pretty easy.

Sep 23, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
The test and essay were both easy. The interviewers were really nice and it was just an overall good experience. They have a Q&A session with current students which I thought was really helpful. It does last the full 4 hours so definitely bring a snack. They said we should hear back earliest by Christmas and latest by January 1. I think it's a great school but the tuition is expensive and there is a dress code policy as well as an attendance policy.

Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Congrats to all who are accepted! Do you guys mind sharing what stats is required to be accepted!
BTW, I have got my invitation email!

PharmS1214

5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi Everyone!

I also have an interview scheduled with UIW for January 10th, it will be my first pharmacy school interview (I have three others after that). I like their modified-block system. Does anyone know more about that?

Jul 14, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
The way they explained to me was that it's like a summer session on steroids. You take one class over 5 weeks so you only have said class to focus on but you'll have a test weekly and the lectures are longer than normal lectures! So every 5 weeks or so you take a final for a course. Students said it was helpful around finals because you didn't have to worry about all your courses at once.

Hi Everyone!

I also have an interview scheduled with UIW for January 10th, it will be my first pharmacy school interview (I have three others after that). I like their modified-block system. Does anyone know more about that?

About the Ads
Jan 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi everyone! Congratulations on all your interviews :)

I'm a first year student at UIW. Let me know if you have any questions :)

As for the block system, I really love it. We only had 3 finals at the end of the semester and my friends in other graduate school programs had close to 10. If you have a stronger background in biochemistry and A&P then the pacing is very manageable and won't feel as quick to you. If not, it will probably feel faster paced but I don't believe it will be overwhelming. I don't think it took most people very long to get adjusted.

Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Hi everyone! Congratulations on all your interviews :)

I'm a first year student at UIW. Let me know if you have any questions :)

As for the block system, I really love it. We only had 3 finals at the end of the semester and my friends in other graduate school programs had close to 10. If you have a stronger background in biochemistry and A&P then the pacing is very manageable and won't feel as quick to you. If not, it will probably feel faster paced but I don't believe it will be overwhelming. I don't think it took most people very long to get adjusted.
Hi, Thank you for you message,
I wonder what are usually the writing topics for the interview please?
Cheers,

MSS2019

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2015
Has anyone heard about rejections/waitlist for interview on December 5? I haven't heard anything from this school... I thought that we were told everyone would know by the end of the year?

ealanis

7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I still haven't heard from them either, I've been waiting like crazy. They did say that they would try around Christmas time and that the best bet would be the first week of January. So who knows :(

Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I still haven't heard from them either, I've been waiting like crazy. They did say that they would try around Christmas time and that the best bet would be the first week of January. So who knows :(
No Worries you ll be hear something some thing by the end of Feb. Do you mind sharing your stat please?

Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Has anyone heard about rejections/waitlist for interview on December 5? I haven't heard anything from this school... I thought that we were told everyone would know by the end of the year?
Hi do you mind sharing your stat please?

Dec 27, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site! I interviewed January 10th. Has anyone from that interview cycle heard back yet?! I know they said 2-3 weeks but I'm just anxious!

Jan 18, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I interviewed on the 10th as well. This waiting period is really something haha. So if I don't hear back from them after two to three weeks, should I assume it as automatic rejection, or do they send out rejection email?

Jul 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I interviewed on the 10th as well. This waiting period is really something haha. So if I don't hear back from them after two to three weeks, should I assume it as automatic rejection, or do they send out rejection email?
Hi, Do you mind sharing your stat plz?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads