include study abroad gpa??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownemily22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
on the drexel secondary they ask for all schools attended and reported gpa. i studied abroad my jr year and got terrible grades b/c the only thing that would shows up on my undergrad transcript was transfer credit, not the actual grade. should i put my lousy gpa down or should i just skip the foreign school or write "transfer credit" in the gpa field??

Members don't see this ad.

since it's just one school you should probably call and get the info from the horse's mouth.

i'm in the same situation. i called drexel and they said to include the study abroad grades. wish i had known that when i was over there!

Members don't see this ad :)
You always have to include study abroad grades. Graduate programs require grades from everywhere you've studied for tertiary education. At the beginning of your senior year when your grades come in from the study abroad university, your study abroad advisor should automatically forward that transcript, along with a signed affadavit to the registrar's office to be attached to your regular transcript. Usually your JYA grades don't count towards your regular GPA, but the scores marks are still there.

my study abroad grades are not included anywhere on/with my transcript.
so much for that A in pchem...
can't remember what i did for drexel. i think i may have put them down but can't remember.