Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

include study abroad gpa??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brownemily22, Sep 25, 2002.

1. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member
    7+ Year Member

on the drexel secondary they ask for all schools attended and reported gpa. i studied abroad my jr year and got terrible grades b/c the only thing that would shows up on my undergrad transcript was transfer credit, not the actual grade. should i put my lousy gpa down or should i just skip the foreign school or write "transfer credit" in the gpa field??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

since it's just one school you should probably call and get the info from the horse's mouth.

4. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i'm in the same situation. i called drexel and they said to include the study abroad grades. wish i had known that when i was over there!

5. leorl

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You always have to include study abroad grades. Graduate programs require grades from everywhere you've studied for tertiary education. At the beginning of your senior year when your grades come in from the study abroad university, your study abroad advisor should automatically forward that transcript, along with a signed affadavit to the registrar's office to be attached to your regular transcript. Usually your JYA grades don't count towards your regular GPA, but the scores marks are still there.

6. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

my study abroad grades are not included anywhere on/with my transcript.
    so much for that A in pchem...
    can't remember what i did for drexel. i think i may have put them down but can't remember.