Including Podiatry info in LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frankcfromny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my organic chemistry professor is just getting around to writing me a letter of recommendation.

She emailed me today and was wondering if I wanted any information specific to podiatry in the letter along with all the other typical stuff. If i wanted it, she said to type up a small paragraph about it and send it to her.

Here's my thing: I feel like discussing podiatry is the job of the two podiatrist that I've shadowed and asked for recommendations.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction here? If I should include it, can any podiatrists, pod students or residents help me brain storm? Hell, even my fellow pre-pods.

Btw, as a side note, I'm finishing up shadowing podiatrist and I gotta say that I'm pretty excited about it. There are some things I like better about the field, such as sports injury but overall I'm really glad I looked into it and hopefully gain admission to a school.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Btw, as a side note, I'm finishing up shadowing podiatrist and I gotta say that I'm pretty excited about it.

Well I would hope that you're excited, dang. Although there are some (many?) who just look at it as a job.

As to your question, if your professor knows nothing about podiatry, don't have her attempt to write about it. She should be talking about your academic prowess and work ethic, and perhaps even your personality.

The letter of recommendation from your professors isn't for demonstrating your desire to excel in podiatry, it's more about the academic side, and your motivation to excel in that way.

They don't expect or need her to talk about why you would make a good podiatrist, just a good student.

The letter of recommendation from your professors isn't for demonstrating your desire to excel in podiatry, it's more about the academic side, and your motivation to excel in that way.

They don't expect or need her to talk about why you would make a good podiatrist, just a good student.

I second this, just have her say what a hardworking, intelligent student you are!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile