Including Poster Presentations in Additional Info Section of Secondary Application and Research Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mashinator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two things:
1) On my primary AMCAS application, I allocated 4 spaces for research related activities (one for a pub, one for a 2 year research position, one for the posters and awards related to project A, and one for the posters and awards related to project B), however, I did not have enough space for full citations of my posters or the inclusion of all of these posters. Should I be including this in the additional info section of secondaries (not necessarily on the MD/PhD side of the secondary) in the form of a CV. I have about 5 1st author posters and 10 second or third author posters (which I would like to include since they were at a big conference and/or won an award).
2) I have been waiting to submit a few secondaries because I really wanted to get a research position (which I finally just got yesterday :D) to boost my app. However, the full positions capabilities have yet to be outlined (the PI is an MD/PhD and he does A LOT of research in my field of interest. We discussed having me join in on several of these projects and also doing programming and web development for him as well). How should I go about submitting this in secondaries that ask about my activities for this year. Can I write, 'Research Assistant, PI's Name: [short description of his research and that I will be participating in several ways?]?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1) yes
2) use that for talking points during interviews, you still haven't worked there and there is no LOR coming out from there.
Thanks Fencer! How about for school's that don't use secondaries? Is there any way to send them my poster related information?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can always send one email every 2-3 months to the PD indicating significant updates (for example, manuscript or conference poster acceptance) on your application.
I initially thought that this was only advisable if I attended an interview. Good to know that I can update if needed via email - thanks!