including summer research program on my application this upcoming cycle

CodeRedDew

Thirst Quencher
7+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I've recently been accepted into a summer research program. I will be applying and submitting my application this upcoming June so obviously I won't be able to include the summer research program on my application because I will not have finished it by then. What should I do? Wait to hold out my application until the program finishes (Late july), or send an update letter to the schools when I finish the program?

Vesh

7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Worst case scenario, you can just send an update letter to all the schools after you finish the program

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
The experience section may not include things that have not yet begun. If the summer thing begins in June and you apply in June you may include it as start date 6/2012 and end date "to present". No need for it to be over to include it on the application.

About the Ads

DAPI

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2011
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Depending on when it starts you could put it on. Like say it starts May 28th you would probably have a decent idea of your project ~2 weeks in so you would still be really early. Just say you're still doing it. It may not hold much weight, but some schools do not even take update letters do its something to consider if you really want it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.