Andichad4JC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
11
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello all you money minded people,

I thought it interesting to see what every/anyone is doing for extra $ while studying gross. Although the thought of working while in school is universaly accepted as impossible and stupid, I am finding more and more students that have found a way of earning an income, investing, saving, etc to be less dependent on a humble $45K/year salary in a big city.

My wife and I just hired onto a company and have been making $1400-$10K/month while I study. I am a W2 employee and schedule my time (usually less than a few hours a month). Plus, I can take my job with me to the carribean. (If anyone is interested in our job email me at [email protected]). With our income we have purchased three houses (fourth pending) and cars (porsche, mercedes-benz, dodge truck). I just want financial security equal to that of an attending while a med student!

If anyone else has an idea share it...
 

Psyclops

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2006
1,261
3
Status
Other Health Professions Student
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:
Andichad4JC said:
Hello all you money minded people,

I thought it interesting to see what every/anyone is doing for extra $ while studying gross. Although the thought of working while in school is universaly accepted as impossible and stupid, I am finding more and more students that have found a way of earning an income, investing, saving, etc to be less dependent on a humble $45K/year salary in a big city.

My wife and I just hired onto a company and have been making $1400-$10K/month while I study. I am a W2 employee and schedule my time (usually less than a few hours a month). Plus, I can take my job with me to the carribean. (If anyone is interested in our job email me at [email protected]). With our income we have purchased three houses (fourth pending) and cars (porsche, mercedes-benz, dodge truck). I just want financial security equal to that of an attending while a med student!

If anyone else has an idea share it...
I have an idea, how about being a little more sophisticated in your spamming. We may be poor and money hungry but we aren't stupid. Please don't treat us as such. Your "interesting" syntax and grammar tells me you are not to be trusted. $1400-$10K/month!! Wow what could possibly give that range, a pyramid scheme?

I will give you credit for one thing though, you hadn't piqued my interest until you said "dodge truck", that's where I really wanted to believe you, I mea 4 houses is OK and all, but a dodge truck!?! Now you are talking my language my firiend.

For the record I would be delighted if I had to be "dependant on a $45K/year salary".

IBTL
 

JatPenn

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
223
1
Status
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was about to say, I WISH my stipend was $45K a year! I also laughed out loud at "Hello, all you money-minded people!" as a salutation on a psychology board.
 
About the Ads

Psyclops

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2006
1,261
3
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Well we are somewhat money minded or else we would be going for a MA in counseling.
 

JatPenn

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
223
1
Status
Nah, there is no way I could secure resources nor have the freedom to do the research that I want to do with anything but a doctorate, it has nothing to do with money.
 

bigmood

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2006
67
0
35
Florida
Status
Other Health Professions Student
JatPenn said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was about to say, I WISH my stipend was $45K a year! I also laughed out loud at "Hello, all you money-minded people!" as a salutation on a psychology board.

No kidding! All I had to do was read that line and think either I'm getting shafted big time, or I had somehow stumbled into the super biochem polymer hotshot forum.

mmm....I want $10K a month. I'm sure it's legit. :rolleyes:
 

Army Captain

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
24
0
Status
Psyclops said:
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:


I have an idea, how about being a little more sophisticated in your spamming. We may be poor and money hungry but we aren't stupid. Please don't treat us as such. Your "interesting" syntax and grammar tells me you are not to be trusted. $1400-$10K/month!! Wow what could possibly give that range, a pyramid scheme?

I will give you credit for one thing though, you hadn't piqued my interest until you said "dodge truck", that's where I really wanted to believe you, I mea 4 houses is OK and all, but a dodge truck!?! Now you are talking my language my firiend.

For the record I would be delighted if I had to be "dependant on a $45K/year salary".

IBTL
Would you be interested in the Health Professionals Scholarship Program for Clinical Psychology students? It provides full tuition plus a generous stipend of $1319.00 per month.
 

Army Captain

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
24
0
Status
Would you be interested in the Health Professionals Scholarship Program for Clinical Psychology students? It provides full tuition plus a generous stipend of $1319.00 per month.
 

JatPenn

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
223
1
Status
Army Captain said:
Would you be interested in the Health Professionals Scholarship Program for Clinical Psychology students? It provides full tuition plus a generous stipend of $1319.00 per month.
Ok, now we're being lowballed. My program gives me more than that!
 

Psyclops

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2006
1,261
3
Status
Other Health Professions Student
JatPenn said:
Ok, now we're being lowballed. My program gives me more than that!

I wish I could echo that, but I can't, at least not after taxes.
 
About the Ads