Incoming MS1's applying combined

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HessExpress

Holy Macaroni
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any incoming ms1's upcoming fall already know they are applying to their respective school's combined program?

Members don't see this ad.

HessExpress said:
Any incoming ms1's upcoming fall already know they are applying to their respective school's combined program?

Um.... what?

I mean are any of you accepted MD-only for class of 2010 but already plan on applying to your school's combined program when you matriculate this fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
not accepted yet, but I am definitely planning on doing so if accepted MD-only at certain places AND don't get accepted MSTP anywhere at all (entirely possible, I STILL don't have any MSTP interviews. *sigh*)

stherling said:
not accepted yet, but I am definitely planning on doing so if accepted MD-only at certain places AND don't get accepted MSTP anywhere at all (entirely possible, I STILL don't have any MSTP interviews. *sigh*)

Good luck. I know that it's a viable option to apply during first year but was wondering if more than a handful of people actually do it.

stherling said:

Hey Stherling - I met an MSTP at Northwestern who did that, she was in the med school and entered the MSTP later; she's doing work in cog. neuro and seemed pretty happy.
So I think that's a good plan for what it's worth.

wertt: thanks! unfortunately as per the other thread on this topic, it seems I may have blown my MD-only chances by applying MSTP. Here's hoping wash U really liked me! Otherwise, 06-07 application cycle, here I come....

stherling said:
wertt: thanks! unfortunately as per the other thread on this topic, it seems I may have blown my MD-only chances by applying MSTP. Here's hoping wash U really liked me! Otherwise, 06-07 application cycle, here I come....

what a shame? you have phenomenal stats.