incoming OMS1 interested in radiology; how to build an application geared towards rads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armaragon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Incoming OMS1 student going to PCOM-PA very interested in radiology. At this point, I know my specialty choice may change (as I am also interested in PM&R and gas.

Now that boards are P/F, how would you best try to build towards a radiology application for matching? I know I must stand out in my rotations and be up there in class rank, but what else?

Members don't see this ad.

show an interest in radiology. find a radiologist and try to get some acr case in points or auntminnie case of the days published.

ACR Case in Points are easy ways to get "research" since DO schools aren't the most research friendly (I just graduated from one). Join and hold leadership position in your school's radiology interest group. The radiology world is huge on Twitter and you can make very good connections there. Reach out to radiologists at your affiliated hospital or local groups and ask if you can shadow during some free time.