Dec 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello fellow Pre-meds,

I have a few questions and was hoping somebody could help. Basically, when an incomplete is awarded at my university, the grade you receive after is put on the transcript, but the "I" stays as well (IB+ or IA-). I was wondering how two of these would be viewed in one semester on my transcript (my made up grades are an A and a B, and they do go towards the GPA). I also have an excuse (got Covid the final week of the semester and had to make up the two finals I still had), but I also don't know if there's a place on the medical school application to explain this. Any of the experienced members know this? Obviously, I don't want an illness casting me in a negative light, when there is a legitimate reason.

Thank you!!

May 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If it's only 2 grades I dont think anyone will care. If you are concerned there are definitely places to explain this and alot of schools are asking how has covid affected you questions but to me it seems trivial enough that I wouldn't want to shed light on it.

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello fellow Pre-meds,

I have a few questions and was hoping somebody could help. Basically, when an incomplete is awarded at my university, the grade you receive after is put on the transcript, but the "I" stays as well (IB+ or IA-). I was wondering how two of these would be viewed in one semester on my transcript (my made up grades are an A and a B, and they do go towards the GPA). I also have an excuse (got Covid the final week of the semester and had to make up the two finals I still had), but I also don't know if there's a place on the medical school application to explain this. Any of the experienced members know this? Obviously, I don't want an illness casting me in a negative light, when there is a legitimate reason.

Thank you!!
No one will care.

You could have failed both courses and it still wouldn't be lethal.

About the Ads

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
There is no need for explanations. Let it go.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello fellow Pre-meds,

Thank you!!
I am assuming they will be viewed thru the lenses of the eye of the reader.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads