incomplete graduate program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dr. Henderson,

The following sentence from the Tulane supplemental application has caused me some concern: "If you are a graduate student enrolled in a degree-granting program, you must complete that program before entering medical school.."
The problem is that I enrolled in a mechanical engineering graduate program back in Jan '97. I have only taken one graduate class since enrolling in the program and that was in Jan '97. Will this threaten my application? If so, what can I do to improve my situation?
I greatly appreciate your response.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should contact the office of Admissions and explain your situation. They may wish to have a letter from your graduate program or something. In case they do enforce this rule strictly, I would apply to others too.

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net
http://www.medicalstudent.net

Dr. Henderson,

Just an update. I spoke to the Associate Dean of Admissions at Tulane and he indicated that the my situation, described in my previous post, will not affect my application. I spoke with another school and did not get the same positive response. Anyways, I have changed my status to show that I am seeking a second bachelor's. Thanks for your advice.