Incompletes....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do these matter? I may have one on my transcript when applying. Basically I have 12 papers to write in 10 days for an online course I'd meant to drop. Just curious if this would hurt (i would probably have it corrected by June).

Members don't see this ad.

i had in incomplete on mine from a class that took two quarters to complete...they just "X"-ed it out and left the grade for the next quarter on there....so i don't think it hurts....

Cerberus said:
Do these matter? I may have one on my transcript when applying. Basically I have 12 papers to write in 10 days for an online course I'd meant to drop. Just curious if this would hurt (i would probably have it corrected by June).
I don't think it matters as long as it doesn't hurt your academic standing and as long as you can explain it. If you're really concerned, you may want to include a comment somewhere in your application (or send a separate note to schools) explaining the situation. Shouldn't be a big deal...

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was an undergrad at Cornell, I think they noted on your transcript that a grade was previously an incomplete. You might want to check if your school does that.

It's usually not a big deal as long as you have a good explanation.

I might check to see if there is any way I can withdraw past the withdraw date. I "withdrew" from the class online yet but that didnt actually withdraw me from the system.

I don't think I can finish this and after having taken the MCAT this weekend, I simply dont think I have it in me to work that hard.