Incorporating Chad's Videos into Studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altitude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to incorporate Chad's general and organic chemistry videos into my study plan based on their positive reviews and in order to speed up my content review.

Which technique would be better:
-Watch all the videos in 2-3 days to cover all the chemistry material and then continue with my regular content review, which should be easier/faster after having watched the videos
-Each morning, spend 2-3 hours watching the videos that correspond with the topics that I will review that day

Any other comments on Chad's videos and how you incorporated them in your studying would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Since a lot of topics build on each other, I would watch all of his videos as fast as possible to give you a nice fast overview. Then I'd use TBR or EK to read from + practice passages and refer back to Chad's individual videos for each section you have trouble on.

Since a lot of topics build on each other, I would watch all of his videos as fast as possible to give you a nice fast overview. Then I'd use TBR or EK to read from + practice passages and refer back to Chad's individual videos for each section you have trouble on.

Thanks for the response.

Do you think it'd be possible to get all the gen chem and organic chem videos done in 2 long days (by watching them at 1.5x speed, relatively non-stop, besides taking a break between each to do the quizzes)?

I also think it's better to watch the videos first. But I say take a week to do all the videos... don't burn yourself out on that. 2 days for chem, 2 days orgo, 2 days physics. That way you'll get through the content a lot faster. This will come in handy with the TBR books because they're so detailed.

As a matter of fact, thanks for making this thread lol. I think I'll take a few days off from SN2ed's schedule and just do this.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Yeah definitely space them out a little bit if you have the time. Sorry I thought for some reason you were taking it within a month. But if you have 2 months or so, space it out to a week and you should be good. Yes watch them @ 1.5x since it goes really slow and you will remember a lot of the stuff. You can always slow it down or rewind it to parts you need to refresh.

As far as doing both topics in 2 days, definitely no. Spread them out to a week, maybe two.

Thanks for the response.

Do you think it'd be possible to get all the gen chem and organic chem videos done in 2 long days (by watching them at 1.5x speed, relatively non-stop, besides taking a break between each to do the quizzes)?
I've been watching 3-4 hours of Chad's videos per day and that seems to be a good pace. Any more than that and I feel like a zombie. I would recommend watching about 3 hours each day and spending the rest of the time reviewing material learned previously, doing practice passages/questions, or studying other sections.

Even at 1.5x speed you're looking at 10 hours of videos each day for gen chem + o chem. I can't even watch enjoyable movies for that long.

You cant speed them up. If you found a way, please let me know, I've tried a bunch of things and nothings worked, that dam video player (jw), is so annoying to work with.

You cant speed them up. If you found a way, please let me know, I've tried a bunch of things and nothings worked, that dam video player (jw), is so annoying to work with.

I assume you've already used the "fast play" option? But other than that, I haven't found a way either :(

Those who used Chad's Videos as a supplement- did you find it necessary to take notes while watching or could they be casually watched (i.e. before bed) (followed by content review in a prep book within the following days)?

Those who used Chad's Videos as a supplement- did you find it necessary to take notes while watching or could they be casually watched (i.e. before bed) (followed by content review in a prep book within the following days)?
I found it very helpful to print out the outlines he provides and take notes on those. If you know the material well already you could probably get away with not taking notes, but it was necessary for me since I hadn't taken gen-chem or o-chem in 3+ years.

ROFL I've been using him for 2 months, and I've changed the quality a hundred times, and I've always ignored the fastplay, shoot me. I feel like a *****. THANK YOU! saved me half the time for watching a topic over.

Chad is the man! I did a 2 month mixture of EK and Chad videos...Granted I didnt do so well in verbal and my time management during the exam was terrible ...(Only had time to take 1 practice AAMC MCAT) My reading speed has always been a weakness. I used Chad videos to get a understanding (visual learner) then read through EK to get a solid grasp and after every study session I did the corresponding 1001 EK question. My was 24 (PS 9 VR 4 BS 11).

Here is what I did, since EK o.chem is way too light and TBR o.chem is way to detailed (in my opinion), I watched all of chad's videos for O.Chem in 2 days. Than worked through the EK O.Chem book/ reviewed O.Chem notes where EK was weak.

His Bio videos are free right now, they are helpful for some of the more convoluted topics (double reciprocal linweaver burke (sp?) plots.)

For Chem I and Physics, I watch the video while taking notes, then read the corresponding TBR lesson. It used to take me like 6 hours to read a TBR lesson, once I started doing the videos I had enough of a base to get through the chapters much faster-so It really didn't cost me any time overall.

I take my MCAT on July 06, so we'll see how it works. My first practice AAMC was a 29(10ps, 11v, 8bs) I hadn't finished Bio content review (and I haven't taken Bio 2 yet) so wasn't expecting a whole lot more out of that section first time through. Some Chad's tricks were directly responsible for me getting the Easy to Moderate PS questions right (for the difficult questions, TBR was key)