Incorporating puzzle games with hand-eye-coordination?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minion

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, should I incorporate playing puzzle games for hand-eye coordination in my personal statement? I was just thinking of a blurb, nothing too big.

Members don't see this ad.

If indeed it is a blurb, then I would save it for the part on the application where it asks about hand-eye coordination. Personally, I had a lot to say in my PS and I felt that hand-eye stuff was not vital. Truthfully, I can't see someone's application being make or break based on hand-eye skills but that's just my opinion (I assume that they just want to see that there are some skills available). If you can tie it in as being important to 'you being you' and if it will make your PS stronger then feel free. IMHO.

Reactions: 1 users
If indeed it is a blurb, then I would save it for the part on the application where it asks about hand-eye coordination. Personally, I had a lot to say in my PS and I felt that hand-eye stuff was not vital. Truthfully, I can't see someone's application being make or break based on hand-eye skills but that's just my opinion (I assume that they just want to see that there are some skills available). If you can tie it in as being important to 'you being you' and if it will make your PS stronger then feel free. IMHO.

Thanks, I think I will save that for the application portion. For TMDSAS, there isn't really any portion to talk about hand skills. I think my personal statement is probably the most general to be honest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I think I will save that for the application portion. For TMDSAS, there isn't really any portion to talk about hand skills. I think my personal statement is probably the most general to be honest.

Ahh ok, I wasn't aware of the difference between the two applications.

I think my personal statement is probably the most general to be honest

I had maybe 10 different versions of my PS. Each time I would give it to someone and they made suggestions, I made that a separate version so I could later compare and see what I liked. Also, it helped me to see revisions over time instead of just one document that gets changed over and over. If I liked a revision, or a new idea, that became the new version (but I still kept the old version). This may not make sense, haha but in the end I had "Personal Statement v. 10" and then "Personal Statement FINAL FINAL". It should get better over time. Maybe someone that you show it to will have a different and more "colorful/artful" way of saying something that will make a certain statement stick out.

Good luck and happy writing!

Ahh ok, I wasn't aware of the difference between the two applications. Good luck and happy writing!
Thanks, are you applying dental school this upcoming cycle? Or did you already applied?