Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Incorrect Information & AMCAS Around the World

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nutella, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay...a problem here

I am having trouble with one particular section of the application. Particularly, entering the correct year and term in the coursework secion. I have repeatedly been entering the info, but when the main page loads up afterward, it usually has the wrong year. I seem to have hit a wall here, and AMCAS has not responded to my pleas for help. The instructions mention that the information ?will automatically be converted to the appropriate AMCAS Academic Year and Term,? but I didn?t attend my university in the year that keeps on popping up. Am I trying to put the square peg in the round hole here or what?

Also, I am attempting to complete this process from Santiago de Chile. Is anyone out there carzy enough to try to complete this application from abroad, and are you having any problems related to your location? :mad:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey..
    i'm trying to complete this thing from Bombay, India. not fun at all since the connection is totally unreliable. add to that the totally unreliable application, and you can imagine how many times i've been kicked off and re-logged in. the only advantage is the 9.5 hour time difference, which i guess lets me work on the app while it's 2-3 am on the East Coast. still, doesn't help much...

anyway, my advice is to input the information exactly how it appears on the transcript. if the application takes it and screws it up, it's not your fault. AMCAS has to look at all transcripts and match them to your application. they will understand that the application is bugged, so its not your fault if the years dont match up. (am i giving AMCAS too much credit?) i just think it's far more important to get the application submitted ASAP, than wait around for minor bugs to be fixed (especially if you're abroad and can't afford to spend 80 hours working on this damn thing). hope that helps...

also, anyone have luck checking their transcript status via email? I've emailed about 2 weeks ago, since that's my only option, but to no avail. there is no way in hell i'm calling international and being put on hold for 2 hours. who the hell has money like that?!? this is insane that they dont have a toll free number (although i guess that wouldn't help me anyway). but they should at least have tripled the staff answering the phones in these trying times.

4. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wrote to AMCAS about 2 weeks ago regarding my transcripts. I have managed to acquire five transcripts that need to be recieved (found in their big pile of paperwork?). Of course, I have not seen a reply yet. I have no intention of calling them from South America.