Increasing VR Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshto

Nervous&Neurotic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been practicing for a few weeks now and my scores are going up (anywhere from as low was a 9 to as high as a 12). My concern is that I seem to be having trouble with deep psychology (theories, experiments, etc.) passages. Another problem is that I can never seem to get the author tone questions correct.

Any tips on the tone questions and psychology passages? and any advice on how to increase a VR score from a somewhat decent score (9-12) to lets say, 11-13, on a consistent basis?

(practice materials include TPR Verbal Workbook, and EK 101 strategy and passages)

Members don't see this ad.

rinse and repeat...

practice your eyeballs out...

the difference between a 12 and 13 is luck (whether it be favorable passages for you, or a right guess on a 50/50) Keep practicing... you'll become more consistent and then on a lucky day could score 12-15

This may not be the advice you're looking for, but my advice is to focus on other sections where your study time will be more productive. It's been shown that it is VERY difficult to change your verbal scores whereas you can easily change your PS and BS score if you put the time in. Your VR score is already decent, so I would spend the time you have on PS & BS. My 2 cents for what they're worth...:)