Indecent Exposure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderworld1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so not going too much into detail I have recently been charged with indecent exposure. Believe it or not this is a misdemeanor for the state in which i live. what do you think I should do? I'm applying for medical school this application season.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it for public urination. The police officer was also considering writing me a ticket for disorderly conduct, but didn't.

consider yourself lucky. my friend got charged with indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, and disturbing the peace all in one night. that's 3 misdemeanors! he got them all deferred but has to stay good for 3 years for them to be wiped off his record. he's applying next year, so they MIGHT be off just in time. supposedly you might still have to report them even if they're off your record, though? i don't know.

I got it for public urination. The police officer was also considering writing me a ticket for disorderly conduct, but didn't.

yeah, that's why my friend got his indecent exposure, but the cop wasn't so nice to him and slapped him with 2 other ones on top of it, ouchhh

also what about uderage drinking tickets, would those have to be reported?

so my chances of getting in are greatly reduced, right?

This is my favorite time of the year. These "Dude, I killed a guy, can I be a doctor?" threads crack me up

you could try schools in states where crime rates are high, maybe that would help. Like chicago, baltimore, atlanta and stuff. And apply to low tiers.

so yea ur chance is greatly reduced

you could try schools in states where crime rates are high, maybe that would help.

So the adcoms are thinking "Public urination? That's NOTHING. My brother was murdered last week."

(???)

Members don't see this ad :)
public urination, what a joke. not to make light of the situation, but i would think at least 50 percent of the males on this planet could be convicted of public urination.

I had a friend get in with indecent exposure. I'm not sure if he disclosed it or not. I don't think he did and they just completed a background check on him after his first year. overall, he has had no issues with it.

Last edited:
If you are convicted or plead no contest then you will need to report it. However, rest assured that if you are required to report the incident to AMCAS, you will DEFINITELY have interesting interviews.

What actually shows up on a background check? does anybody know?

Were you standing up and letting it fly, or crouching down? The answer to your question depends upon your demeanor.

Ok, so not going too much into detail I have recently been charged with indecent exposure. Believe it or not this is a misdemeanor for the state in which i live. what do you think I should do? I'm applying for medical school this application season.

I would use it in my personal statement. Say it taught you a lesson, add humor, discuss bladder control and then suggest your current interest is urology. If you lighten-up and act as if you understand it was an adolescent moment, it might prove you are human and more normal than half the other people applying.

Good luck, your mistake was made while you were still young - its easy to explain and useful to use as part of who you are. If I were reading the story and everything else about you checked-out, I'd say I would forgive and let your application move forward.

I was actually peeing in the middle of the road one very very very late alcohol filled night (i was the only one in the vicinity) and a cop drove right past me. He hit the breaks, threw it in reverse, and pulled up next to me:

(Cop)
"Son, what are you doing?"

"I needed to use the bathroom, and I was curious to see the dynamics of the urine flow along the pavement so I went in the road."

(awkward silence)

"Son, go inside."

Were you standing up and letting it fly, or crouching down? The answer to your question depends upon your demeanor.

If I happened upon a guy peeing by a tree or something, I would probably think nothing of it.

But if he was "crouching down," that would be really creepy.