Independent Research - GPA Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scm70

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I did two semesters of Independent Research in undergrad for graded credit. These courses are listed under the biochemistry department at my school. Would my grades in these courses count towards BCPM GPA or just my cGPA? Similarly, I had to take four credits of Biochemistry Seminar and Thesis (also listed under the biochemistry department); would this course just go toward my cGPA?

I ask because every little bit helps ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question: I did two semesters of Independent Research in undergrad for graded credit. These courses are listed under the biochemistry department at my school. Would my grades in these courses count towards BCPM GPA or just my cGPA? Similarly, I had to take four credits of Biochemistry Seminar and Thesis (also listed under the biochemistry department); would this course just go toward my cGPA?

I ask because every little bit helps ;)

Biochem research for credit can be counted for science GPA. Same with biochem seminar and thesis