1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

india

Discussion in 'India and South Asia' started by toks, Feb 19, 2007.

1. toks

i want to study medicne in india i am thinking of applying to st john but one question keeps popping in my head ,i want to know are indians racist towards black people ,i mean will face difficulties because of my race.all response welcome:confused: :scared: please help me out.thank you

2. Mr_Doc

Mr_Doc Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    they wont be racists against you because you are black but because you will be a NRI (non resisdent indian). All NRI's are treated this way in india, nothing can be done, its just the way things go....

3. sga430

sga430 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Resident [Any Field]
    there are a lot of blacks in bangalore from africa and all. i feel the racism to blacks may be higher in some parts of america possibly than in blore. i am indian but am really fair and was mistaken for white or iranian or other. however i did fine. u may get ripped off when bargaining perhaps.

however i would worry more about the discrimination in america with indian degrees. read my other posts on this. i would stay in america if i were u. usually only us indians r dumb enough to go to india for med school. i didnt know we had company.

if you are looking for a black experience perhaps look into the carribean.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SupergreenMnM

SupergreenMnM Peanut, not chocolate
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I agree with Mr Doc. I didn't see much in the way of racism towards a group like blacks (well, I did, but the group was an Indian ethnic group), its mostly just the way they treat non indians; not very tolerant of other cultures.