• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

toks

10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
i want to study medicne in india i am thinking of applying to st john but one question keeps popping in my head ,i want to know are indians racist towards black people ,i mean will face difficulties because of my race.all response welcome:confused: :scared: please help me out.thank you

Mr_Doc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
they wont be racists against you because you are black but because you will be a NRI (non resisdent indian). All NRI's are treated this way in india, nothing can be done, its just the way things go....

sga430

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2006
www2.blogger.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
there are a lot of blacks in bangalore from africa and all. i feel the racism to blacks may be higher in some parts of america possibly than in blore. i am indian but am really fair and was mistaken for white or iranian or other. however i did fine. u may get ripped off when bargaining perhaps.

however i would worry more about the discrimination in america with indian degrees. read my other posts on this. i would stay in america if i were u. usually only us indians r dumb enough to go to india for med school. i didnt know we had company.

if you are looking for a black experience perhaps look into the carribean.

SupergreenMnM

Peanut, not chocolate
10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I agree with Mr Doc. I didn't see much in the way of racism towards a group like blacks (well, I did, but the group was an Indian ethnic group), its mostly just the way they treat non indians; not very tolerant of other cultures.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.