Indian Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

booboo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in U.S finishing up my undegrad and I will be applying to med schools in US around June of next year. I was wondering what is the application process in India because I amight also apply to some Indian Med Schools. (requirements etc..) thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well I can give you info about the application process at Kasturba Medical college(kmc), manipal being that i just finished it.

Actually there isn't much.
Around February/March check kmc website to see if applications are available yet. If so download it. Fill it up. Attach transcript. Prove NRI(Non-resident Indian) status( - you have to show either copy of passport or your's parent's) or PIO(Person of Indian Origin) status (-there is card you have to show). Passport size photos. Application fee. Mail it all off. Then wait for a confirmation and later an acceptance.

In terms of grades anything better than B+ you are probably guaranteed. But I have seen others who got in with less than a B+ so no worries on that.

You said you are finishing up undergrad. So you might have an advantage because i heard while i was applying that they do show some preference for college students.

But i'm a recent H.S. grad and planning to go this year. having said that i don't know if they ask for anything else from college students.

hope that helped :)

here's there website:
http://www.manipal.edu/kmc/